Freight car of the week pt4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Another Mantua tank car.

aie.jpg

chessie4155

I think this is a Bachmann. I added the walkway, thought it looked better with it than with out.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 106

CNWman

CNW Fan
My car!

My first post in this kind of thread. The car that has the honor of being on it is noneother than my troublesome tank car!
100_0592.jpg

It kept on jumping the same switch nomatter how I placed it. It later turned out to be that the boards were on a small lump and bumped the track leading into the switch up a bit, sothe car would fly off the track. Since the transition to a level table, it's been running just like my other cars, really well, like it should:D :thumb:

msowsun

I think the first 3 with the sprung trucks are either kitbashed, or are Resin Kits.
The rest are all P2K's....

The last 2, (GATX 17632 and IOX 2258) are mine. I like to use Intermountain code .088 wheels on tank cars because they are more visible.

Mike Sowsun

steamhead

Great tank cars, one and all...!!!

Here's one with a little history behind it. It was one of the original cars my Dad started 57 years ago on the looooong road to today. It's a vintage Athearn tanker (I think) flanked by two of its brothers of the same vintage. I tinkered with the idea of "updating" these cars but decided against it. If they were good enough for the ol' man, they're more than good enough for me. The only compromise was updating them to Kadees #5's so they could keep rolling to this day.

They're passing through the newly "inagurated" gorge on my layout, which some of you may have seen. For those that haven't and wish to, you can find it here:

http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=26079

Attachments

• tanker1.JPG
    tanker1.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 42

steamhead

Quick, before a new week starts...here's a follow up to this picture...

Hope you like 'em...:D

Attachments

• tanker2.JPG
    tanker2.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.