Freight car of the week pt4

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catt

Well it's almost noon as I post this and no one has started a FCTW thread so I guess I will.

This time around let's make it tank cars.We can divide this up into at least three different styles of cars .This week we will do single dome or manway and follow up with the other styles in the coming weeks

As usual the pics must be yours and the pictured model also if not given permission by the owner.

My contribution for today is a Roundhouse "beercan" tank.

cargill1.jpg

Interestinly enough I have NEVER seen one of these in 1:1 scale.

chessie4155

Here's mine. A std Athearn single dome hauling another load of Texas Tea..;)

Attachments

• HPIM5373.JPG
    HPIM5373.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 233

doctorwayne

These freight-car-of-the-week threads make me wish that I had more photos of more of my cars, as I can show only a small segment of what I have.
Here's a Shipper's Car Line tanker moving through Port Maitland, in a train off the TH&B interchange. The car is from Walthers, with metal steps and grabs, plus a reworked brake system.

100_5408.jpg

Wayne

C&O Fan

Here's one of mine. It look a little rough as I had recently got it from a company store basement.

Attachments

• camera 079.jpg
    camera 079.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 215

doctorwayne

Here's a car from GERN Industries' modest fleet of privately owned tankcars. The first view shows the car at the loading facility of GERN's Gibson Works, in Port Maitland.

100_5770.jpg

Here's a better view of the same car, part of a train rolling through the town of Elfrida. In dedicated service for anhydrous flux lading only, the car is from Athearn, with wire grabirons and improved brake rigging. Dimensional data is from Champ, while the rest of the lettering is from several different Letraset sheets.

100_5500_579358.jpg

Wayne

RailRon

Here's another scratchbuilt N scale car: An antique wooden tankcar. It was used for MofW service on my Trim Creek Southern RR.

Ron

Attachments

• woodTanker.jpg
    woodTanker.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 184

chessie4155

One of the Company cars. This one is for hauling Diesel fuel to the engine service tanks.

Attachments

• HPIM5506.JPG
    HPIM5506.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 181
C

Catt

and for monday here's a ADM car.

admtank1.jpg

nuther Roundhouse car,a nuther N scale one.I don't think I own any HO tanks at least not yet. :D

Oh and there is a N scale diarama underconstruction so you won't have to look at my HO/0n30 diarama to much longer. :D

doctorwayne

Here's another Athearn, similar to the white one posted earlier. Wire steps and grabs, an upgraded brake system, and shortened due to the high density of it's cargo. All cars with the GILX reporting marks are owned by GERN Industries Ltd.

100_5501_610218.jpg

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.