First pic of my first layout

extra7000south

Aug 9, 2005
Ellisville, MS USA
Really like the layout......:wave:

Great job.....:thumb:

I'd like to know the size of the table & what radius curves you used??

Hope to see more pictures soon, keep up the good work.....:cool:

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
extra7000south said:
Really like the layout......:wave:

Great job.....:thumb:

I'd like to know the size of the table & what radius curves you used??

Hope to see more pictures soon, keep up the good work.....:cool:

Thanks . Its just an old drafting table . I tool the top of and built off the table frame. Its officially 58" x 32" . The outside track is not 9 3/4 but the next standard turn radius and the inside is a combination of the two.

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
OK jkinosh , I pulled it up front for you . Not much to look at yet but it may give you an idea as to how things might fit for you . I do plan to post some updated pictures soon .

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
OK after last weekend I decided I had to make a couple of unplanned additions to some buildings in my SW PA town to mark a big occasion and make it more realistic for the region. ( Note the banners and flags hanging on the two buildings and the house )

Add a few trees to everything and it really starts looking like somethin! The photography still stinks though. Really does it no justice :(

Attachments

• Picture 115.jpg
    Picture 115.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 116.jpg
    Picture 116.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 117.jpg
    Picture 117.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 119.jpg
    Picture 119.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 26

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
And here are the other pics I wanted to post , the two buildings with the flags are here the house is above .

Attachments

• Picture 122.jpg
    Picture 122.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 114.jpg
    Picture 114.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 29

jkinosh

Dec 1, 2005
Lorain, Ohio
Johnny B,

I like what you did. Do you by chance have a overhead view or a layout drawing that I could see so I could take a look. I may take the plan I had in my other post, and remove one of the sidings, and put some sort of milling, or mining industry at the other, since I am not into passenger railroads.

Jacob

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Johnny, great pics. I like the arrangement of the buildings.

If I could make one constructive comment. In the 3rd picture, it looks like your corner store is vacant. My suggestion would be to find a picture of a store interior that suits your period, size it to scale, print it out and tape it inside the structure. You can also do the same thing with curtains on the upper windows.

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Will_annand said:
Johnny, great pics. I like the arrangement of the buildings.

If I could make one constructive comment. In the 3rd picture, it looks like your corner store is vacant. My suggestion would be to find a picture of a store interior that suits your period, size it to scale, print it out and tape it inside the structure. You can also do the same thing with curtains on the upper windows.

Thanks :) You are right , all of the buildings are currentlly vacant , Kinda suits alot of the 'burgh actually with all the wonderful outsourcing, but yes I have and plan too take pictures of actual store windows and do just like you suggested . I did do it with the fire station. the closed door has a picture of an other fire engine behind it . I guess great minds think alike !! :)

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
OK jkinosh , I hope this helps you out . here is an overhaed view.

Attachments

• picture 123.jpg
    picture 123.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 27
  • picture 127.jpg
    picture 127.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 27

jkinosh

Dec 1, 2005
Lorain, Ohio
looks great. Really giving me some more ideas for my layout.

One question though, is that an outter loop, with a sort of figure 8 in the middle? Are they 2 seperate tracks with completely independent control, or can the train switch tracks while tunning?

Thanks again,

Jacob

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
jkinosh said:
looks great. Really giving me some more ideas for my layout.

One question though, is that an outter loop, with a sort of figure 8 in the middle? Are they 2 seperate tracks with completely independent control, or can the train switch tracks while tunning?

Thanks again,

Jacob

That is an outer loop and they are independent of each other. I didn't want to get into switches and such so that the kids could turn it on and not have to worry about anything. It would have been very easy to jion them though. The inner track is a deformed figure eight . I thought the overall idea of that was similar to what you were planning and thought you might wanna see how it worked outin about the same space as you are using .