First pic of my first layout

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Herc Driver said:
Ok, I gotta ask again...

How'd you do those road? A shirt box??? Great idea...so you hand drew (drawn, did draw, drawed) the lines? I'm assuming you cut sections then brought them together somehow...glued or some other means? Did you add curbs?

Forgive all the questions, but I've been searching for a good looking road system.

Yes the lines are hand painted but I suppose you could do stickers or decals . Yes I did do some curbs and sidewalks , and even storm drains . hard to tell from those pictures . Some of the details are drawn on in pencil too. Cracks are done with a razor and lightly traced with pencil. Then its just glued down on a shirtbox cardboard base that was gued down first.
Thanks , glad people like the look . I didn't know how else to make roads so I came up with that . Any other quetions I'll be glad to answer .

SLOW211

Oct 31, 2005
Jumpinng Tracks !!
i have the best set up , and thay will fall OFF!
make shure track is clere , Runn Two Engines at a time !
I can runn my 280 Cleen! as is ! I had this One part of the track tat i was luckey , No you have to make shure all Connections are Right , N Gage is tough ! Ho Is Better ! But it stll Can happen i WIHS THAT i can help Ha , tracks True !!
I Can Runn My untes Backwards too You have no polblem !!
With thirteen cars!!
I Love Scrach Building , I use Toth picks ! papper ! glue !
Ive Yet To show Ya !!
its hard Work ! My Eyes are Going Bad !!!
I have This guy limbing on a latter , that you not Beleve !
on His house , to fix the Roof!! N Gage! CANT show Ya !!
I Wish I Could , I Cds saved , i had to heat his arm to move it , so it looks like hes going up the latter ! Its Funn!!!
Gonna try enney way Lets See !!!

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Elite Lancer said:
Cool layout, I'll have to add some of your ideas to mine for my first layout. :)

Cool glad to know I had some good ideas 'cause I'm just kinds making it up as I go Thanks !

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
OK , playing around with my little digital camera trying to get some nice sharp quality pictures like everyone else seems to get. Not getting it ... but I thought I would post them anyway. They are a little better and there is a little progress to show on my little layout . Not even done with it and I'm all ready planning an addition to it . I also wanted to show my X-Mas present ... my new f-3 Pennsy . I think its a great lookin little engine .

Attachments

• Picture 112dd.jpg
    Picture 112dd.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Picture 110dd.jpg
    Picture 110dd.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 109dd.jpg
    Picture 109dd.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 108dd.jpg
    Picture 108dd.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Picture 104dd.jpg
    Picture 104dd.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 36

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Try this agian , hope these work better

Attachments

• 2005 - 38.jpg
    2005 - 38.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 2005 - 42.jpg
    2005 - 42.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 2005 - 43.jpg
    2005 - 43.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 2005 - 44.jpg
    2005 - 44.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 2005 - 45.jpg
    2005 - 45.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 37

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
To explain the very congested look to my layout , since everyone elses seem a bit more open , I'm building a western PA scene . Nowhere in particular just something I'm making up as I go. Its to look like any given spot in allegheny county's inner suburbs of Pittsburgh which is a very hilly and denslly populated area. I should work some Steeler signs in the windows and such :) . It does seem the less is more idea is what people tend to go for and from what I have seen from everyones layouts it looks great . Thats why I thought I'd 'splain my very congested look.

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
[QU OTE=Chessie6459]LOL Thanks Will.:D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Hey can I get in on this conversation ??? It is my thread after all :) LOL

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Will_annand said:
No, sorry, Johnny, :wave: you cannot get in on it, it is now "Relocated" :D

Unless you want to help us move the Cheesie guy to his new identity. :cool:

Damn :( OK I'll just be quiet then :p