first home brewed portal

t. alexander

Jun 20, 2002
Attalla Al.
Visit site
In the time it takes Shamus to build an entire RR I'm still trying to finish a simple diarama. None the less I'm marching forward.:p :D

Beautiful work Shamus. Nice of you to flip that building around for us "lefty" drivers.:D

Heres a shot of my first half way decent tunnel portal.

Attachments

• portal3.jpg
    portal3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 166
Thanks Uteram.

Here's another a little farther away to show how the tunnel "afterthought" fits in the corner. Not much space. You've got to imagine the mountain behind it ya' know.:D

Btw thats ol' reliable on the trestle, my favorite engine. It knows what a concrete floor is. I've rebuilt it several times into different looks. The plow is fused (rusted) on so it just stays year round.

t.

Attachments

• portal5.jpg
    portal5.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 155
That looks great t. !!! John Henry would be proud. The rugged rock conveys the impression that it took a lot of hard work to blast and dig that hole. Cool locomotive too!
Ralph

Hi t,
That tunnel portal really looks good. So the loco bounces yeah:rolleyes: made of rubber is she --- Noooooooo, poor thing needs a dizzy pill siting too far off the ground.:D:D

Shamus

1st rate modelling Alexander!! :eek:
Your rocks are superb. A splash of colour on them and the portal then we get to see your next photo?? .. I sure hope so.
What was the rates for the Chinamen who dug that tunnel?? :) :)

Errol

Thanks again for the compliments guys.

Shamus, that old engine has nerves of steel. The only thing it's afraid of is my wife and her vacum cleaner. :eek: :D

Kettlestack, Whatever the pay was it wasn't enough.

t.

My camera wants to washout the color so I'm tinkering a bit to see if it will do better. I posed my "major project unit" on the trestle for this shot.

t.

Attachments

• portal7.jpg
    portal7.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 82
That looks like a great little diorama, t!
That's top-notch modeling all the way around!