first home brewed portal

In the time it takes Shamus to build an entire RR I'm still trying to finish a simple diarama. None the less I'm marching forward.:p :D

Beautiful work Shamus. Nice of you to flip that building around for us "lefty" drivers.:D

Heres a shot of my first half way decent tunnel portal.

Attachments

• portal3.jpg
    portal3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 166
Thanks Uteram.

Here's another a little farther away to show how the tunnel "afterthought" fits in the corner. Not much space. You've got to imagine the mountain behind it ya' know.:D

Btw thats ol' reliable on the trestle, my favorite engine. It knows what a concrete floor is. I've rebuilt it several times into different looks. The plow is fused (rusted) on so it just stays year round.

t.

Attachments

• portal5.jpg
    portal5.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 155

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That looks great t. !!! John Henry would be proud. The rugged rock conveys the impression that it took a lot of hard work to blast and dig that hole. Cool locomotive too!
Ralph

shamus

Registered Member
Hi t,
That tunnel portal really looks good. So the loco bounces yeah:rolleyes: made of rubber is she --- Noooooooo, poor thing needs a dizzy pill siting too far off the ground.:D:D

Shamus

1st rate modelling Alexander!! :eek:
Your rocks are superb. A splash of colour on them and the portal then we get to see your next photo?? .. I sure hope so.
What was the rates for the Chinamen who dug that tunnel?? :) :)

Errol

Thanks again for the compliments guys.

Shamus, that old engine has nerves of steel. The only thing it's afraid of is my wife and her vacum cleaner. :eek: :D

Kettlestack, Whatever the pay was it wasn't enough.

t.

Hi Bill. and thanks, yes the portal cast in three pieces and then carved.
The diarama will have 1\4" birch ply backdrop painting on the back and sides.

t.

My camera wants to washout the color so I'm tinkering a bit to see if it will do better. I posed my "major project unit" on the trestle for this shot.

t.

Attachments

• portal7.jpg
    portal7.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 82
Thanks Marty.

Bill, yes it's the one. Still needs the front coupler installed and some other odd's & ends. Thinking about making a different style headlamp. But it's running.

t.