Dec. 28 Weekly Photo Fun

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by cnw1961, Dec 28, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

not a good pic, but here it is anyway.

Attached Files:

2. scubadude

scubadude Member

Oops :cry:....
  3. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Great shots everyone!:thumb:

Deano- I love ALCo's, too!:mrgreen: Man, I'd get one of those BLI's too if the price wasn't so high!:eek: Oh yeah, and the fact I have a special girl I like to take out occasionaly:twisted::mrgreen:

Remember the B&O consolidation I posted on last week's Weekly photo fun? Well, it broke, a major disapointment for me (it was a Spectrum, after all):cry: However, I was able to exchange it for another Spectrum Consolidation, this time a UP engine!:mrgreen:
    [​IMG]
    this one also came with a different tender, which I think is cooler:mrgreen::
    [​IMG]
    UP 618 is my first steam engine (to last over an hour:rolleyes:), my first engine to REALLY be equiped with DCC ( I thought my BL2 was, but it turned out not to), my first UP engine (or UP related thing on my layout for that matter:mrgreen:), and my first engine to have a three-digit number!
    BTW, I thought you guys might like to see one of my presents from the 25th this year:mrgreen::
    [​IMG]
    I got it up with my dad a few days ago, and finaly esablishes part of the basement for trains!:mrgreen: Here's a closer look:
    [​IMG]
    Keep them comming!:thumb:
  4. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Picked this baby up at the LHS for $65. I wasn't going to pass up a deal like that. It's a Proto 2000 E6. And yes, the doors work.

[​IMG]
  5. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Wow! Those two guys cleaned that place out!!! Looking through the windows, you can quite clearly see that there's nothing left! As only the guy on the left has a little bag in his hand, it makes me wonder... did they load it all up into a truck in the back and then when the cops pulled up, they made a run for it out the front? Shouldn't the police dog be helping with the bust or did he really have to go that bad?
  6. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Here is a switch junction tower from my past that I would like to model someday. Anybody else wants to, feel free.

Jim

Porter Tower 01.jpg

Porter Tower 02.jpg

Porter Tower 03.jpg

Porter Tower 04.jpg
  7. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

It was at Porter Junction, in Chesterton IN. About 5 lines converge here, mostly Conrail, with one line Chessie, and another I only saw a daily Amtrack train. It was a very busy place back in the 80's. Don't know about now. I know the tower was torn down long ago. I remember one of the first times we were there, we went inside and they let me through the switches:mrgreen:
  8. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Here is another long forgotten depot. This one was on the N&W in Valparaiso IN, a couple of blocks from my house. It is long gone now too:cry:

N&W Depot 01.jpg

N&W Depot 02.jpg

N&W Depot 03.jpg

And here is an old Pennsy station that was being used by Amtrack for the Broadway Limited and a daily commuter to Chicago. Don't know if the station is still there, but I think both trains are gone now.

Pennsy Station.jpg
  9. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

that would be the place:thumb::thumb: it is where I began my railfanning days:mrgreen:

Yes I think it was the old NKP lines:mrgreen:
  10. riverotter

riverotter Midwest Alliance Rail Sys

4 Locomotives

This one's from 8/05 - I'd been back in the hobby only 4 months and was still buying anything I liked. Only the SP Black Widow diesel is left on the roster out of this group of locomotives... <Sniff> I've also moved on to Code 83 track... Here's to an even better 2008!

[​IMG]
  11. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

the blue building is a karate school, supposed to be an open floor space to practice...lol the robber with the bag ran out of the other building.. if you look that one just happens to be a army surplus store, the crook opted to give up rather then take some of the guns there and shoot it out....lol
  12. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Here's one for Ralph and all the other fans of the Penn Central: some PC geeps, including a "B"-unit, on TH&B trackage in Hamilton, Ontario, circa mid-'70s. The train is bound for Buffalo, NY. Note that the first car in the train appears to be an empty flat, although the presence of stakes may indicate some plate steel. As I recall, this train was 60 or 70 cars long.
    [​IMG]

Wayne
  13. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Great shots everyone! I love the prototype shots. Makes me want to break out my old albums in get them into the scanner!
  14. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Nice solid-looking tower, Charlie, and that sign, which probably made a good souvenir for someone, looks like it's one of those older cast metal types.

Wayne
  15. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

While trying to catch up on the forums, I've been seeing a lot of PC stuff lately(i know Ralph is happy:thumb: ). here's all the PC i have:eeki::119::oops: .
    :deano: -Deano
    [​IMG]
  16. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Great pics everyone:thumb:
    whats this? A Cab session! HAAA, get it? a gab session ..
    a cab session! wink wink nudge nudge!

[​IMG]
  17. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

NICE SHOT MARK!!!:thumb::mrgreen:

**OK, last one for the night, one more for you "Eastern Road" guys:winki: , how about a "turtle roof" PRR:mrgreen: .
    :deano: -Deano
    [​IMG]
  18. Nazgul

Nazgul Active Member

Deano....great job on those cars!!!:thumb: How about giving us a closer look at that structure?

Charlie...cool pics....love that sign!:thumb:

Mark.....nice shot! (as usual):thumb:....What camera do you use, if I may ask?
  19. DeckRoid

DeckRoid Member

Thank you so much for posting that crossing sign pic. I scaled it down, printed it out and now have one on my layout! I will post pics in 2 weeks when we get back. (heading to the Oregon Coast for storm watching and maybe some fishing!)

I have been looking for Pre WW II, WW II and Post War/Early '50's signs, vehicles, etc. etc. for my layout. My Better Half asked why I need things from before 1955 and I said that everything shouldn't be new and shiny.

George
  20. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Deano: Nice looking Boxcars, Love the round roof Pennsy car!:thumb:

Steve: I use a HP Photosmart M547 6.2 mp..How's the rebuild coming along on your layout?

George: Here's a web site with some old time signs, hope this helps.
    Reproductions of Nostalgic Advertising Page 1