Death Star prototype

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Please let me allow to announce my next project its the prototype of the Death Star.
This is the inner structure of the Death Star and I can use it in my future designs.
Below you see some images of the inner structure.

DS MK1 prototype_03.jpgDS MK1 prototype_05.jpgDS MK1 prototype_01.jpgDS MK1 prototype_09.jpgDS MK1 prototype_13.jpg
The diameter will be 30 cm and I will start with the frame work and the core of the SD. Then adding some "minor" details .
But you know me right now if I say minor. So lets start to design something.

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Wow!! We're off!! The research you've collected will make for a very unique model, the likes of this subject which I do not think have been done this way yet. :)

Reactions: mijob

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Thank you, Im still looking for more information on the inside I have to fill up a lot of space.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
There is a lot going on to design this beast. I'm hopping from one side to the other and cant get a good focus. So I decided to work on the laser canon first. Now I have a design issue in the attached picture I have pointed with two red arrows some tubes. Any ideas / suggestions how to make these tubes from paper?

Zea_01.png

seraphim

Sep 1, 2023
There is a lot going on to design this beast. I'm hopping from one side to the other and cant get a good focus. So I decided to work on the laser canon first. Now I have a design issue in the attached picture I have pointed with two red arrows some tubes. Any ideas / suggestions how to make these tubes from paper?

View attachment 214169
if you follow the tube round to the upper left, they look (to me) like + shapes or x shapes...if so couldnt you make either simple flat 'x's or make a 3d x version? (if you get my meaning) lol

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You could try using short wide rings. By slipping edges into another, you could make the ring. ;)

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
I think I will make a circle as a base layer and add three small strips on both sides That will give the "+" look.
The side strips will be a bit shorter then the middle one. Yes I can make that.

Reactions: Rhaven Blaack