Colonial Landram from Battlestar Galactica

Now that is one neat trick. Makes the tracks easy ish, and repeatable. :animated:

Just read this from start to finish - love how the whole projects adapts and progresses...

Picked up some interesting info along the way too!
Thank you very much! Even though the Landram was not my first release it was the very first own model I designed from scratch. I wanted to give the community something back and thought a boxy design like this would not be too difficult to make. It was an easy kit to begin with, however, then came @Rhaven Blaack (and the BluRay release of the show)... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Thank you very much! Even though the Landram was not my first release it was the very first own model I designed from scratch. I wanted to give the community something back and thought a boxy design like this would not be too difficult to make. It was an easy kit to begin with, However, then came @Rhaven Blaack (and the BluRay release of the show)... :biggrin:
I know that you love a good challenge!!!:yesyes::cool: :skull

Now then. After @Rhaven Blaack 's mind-blowing test of the track former (the Power Sled is so small that it fits in your palm, always remember that!) I will copy the technique to the Landram and will update the kit accordingly. Stay tuned for updates! :)

The old "Tucker" Sno-Tractors actually had their tracks go around box like structures on small wheels. The picture below shows it best. These were used to go to the North Pole, and in Antarctica. ;)

old-snow-machines-02-660x495.jpg

There was one parked about 10 miles from me for around a decade. The day I decided to go and take pictures of it, it was gone. Figures.

You can get a very detailed model here:

Short sitrep: I have successfully completed the MedSled files and completely re-arranged the Power Sled parts. The layout is now optimized for letter size and A4 size printing. In addition, all kits will feature the detailed track assembly. However, I will keep the easy tracks for beginners or builders with a tight schedule. All arrangements from the MS / PS project will be ported over to the Landram later. Not too difficult but like everything it eats up time. This is my last summer holiday weekend so my editing speed will slow down tremendously next week forward. :)

You are welcome! :)

Don't be alarmed by my absence. I'm completely immersed in the revisions. The new turret mount is done. I'm now revising the gunner station. Every day sees a little progress. ;)

Quick update:

@Rhaven Blaack spotted that the guner station has a seat. The seat is mounted on rotating axis and swivels 360°. This can be seen here:

VIDEO_TS (title 0 ch 8 frame 180377).jpg

I have ported over the seat and the driver figure I made for the Power Sled which looks like this:

image_2024_09_05T22_04_32_356Z.png

The whole constellation looks pretty much spot-on, so I don't have to resize anything.

However, the new position of the gunner requires some extensive changes inside the vehicle.

image_2024_09_05T20_07_31_591Z.png

The current version features that tube running all the way down to the bottom. The tube was mainly added for visual cohesion and as a support for the gunner station in order to prevent the top from collapsing. However, if you put a gunner inside his / her feet are hitting the tube:

image_2024_09_05T21_26_56_055Z.png

So the tube must go:

image_2024_09_05T21_35_35_103Z.png

image_2024_09_05T21_35_51_870Z.png

In order not to kill the whole support structure I came up with another "stripped down" version:

image_2024_09_05T21_41_51_648Z.png

This should provide enough leeway for the legs in order not to slam into a wall.

Thats it for today. Time to clean the shrink ray do some clean-up on the device. Stay tuned! :)

Last edited: