Backdrop finished!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
School was closed today due to freezing rain and dangerous road conditions. Awwwwwwww!

So, I took the opportunity to spray on some clouds using Gavin Miller's stencil technique. It is pretty easy to do -- here are the results.

cheers
:D Val

Attachments

• cloudslr.jpg
    cloudslr.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 251

MrBones

Feb 7, 2003
N.E. PA
Visit site
Wow Spitfire. That looks real good. You have convinced me, I will be using this method on my backdrop. Thanks for sharing your progress.

MrBones

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
The arrangement of these clouds looks just great, Val. There's a front coming in from the [East, West, North, South???] - looks like the weather is changing. Tomorrow there could be rain. :( Good that you finished the sky today! :D :D :D

Ron

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks Mikey!

Ron, I like the idea of a front moving in. Hereabouts that would have to be from the west. It's early August and the humidity has been building and building. Rain will be a great relief when it happens. We'll probably see some thunderstorms.

Man, this is fun!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
BTW, thanks Ralph. I'm not really sure if that building is going to end up there or not. Right now I'm just playing around with the positions of things and still trying to decide if I want Inglis or Massey Ferguson, or both. I recently found out that Inglis made a lot more than just appliances, including munitions in WWII and boilers. That won't really affect what buildings I put in, just the signage and some of the rolling stock.

Ken, I think your singing sounds just fine! ;) :D

Chris, thanks friend. I've got to hurry up and get this done for July dontcha know, since my place will be party headquarters during the NMRA show.

cheers