A little switching action

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
...and set out at the materials yard at Kings Port Steel. Later, during another operating session, they will be returned as empties to the salvage yard.

Attachments

• switch3.jpg
    switch3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 444

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
Raplh. Is the dim/focused on one area light effect intentional? because it really adds to the drearyness of the whole urban penn central setting.

13Mtrainer

Aug 21, 2004
central pa
hey dude great pics man. but i have to ask can we get a track plan from you? hope this doesn't sound stupid but how do you get the scraps in the cars? thanks for sharing the pics

13Mt

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
13Mtrainer said:
how do you get the scraps in the cars? 13Mt

I set up cars as loaded or empty prior to starting an operating session so the gons at Sal's will be already loaded for pick up. I photographed them empty above just for effect. :) I make scrap loads out of aluminum foil that I spray paint browns and reds and then shred into small pieces. I then glue the pieces to a piece of thin balsa wood cut to fit in the gondola. I just pop it in or turn the car over and remove the load as appropriate.

Oh, I'll post a track plan of the layout and a detailed one of the switching area pictured above soon...

Sal!!!! Sorry man! The check is in the mail...yeah..that's the ticket! :D
Ralph

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Well, in lieu of a track plan (which I'll try to post some time) here are a couple more pics of local action. First an SD9, still with a Pennsey logo, hauls away two tank cars from Vandelay Industries.

Attachments

• vand1.jpg
    vand1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 229

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Once those tankers are out of the way the crew can go back and pull out a string of empty hoppers from Kings Port Steel's materials yard. Meanwhile a passenger train zips by on the main. I need a name for this train.....something NY/PA area...any ideas?
Ralph

Attachments

• vand2.jpg
    vand2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 204

LIRR

Dec 19, 2004
How about "The harrisburg clipper: We promise nothing with break down this time, maybe"