A kitbash here a scratchbuild there

This is a Bachmann repower I'm working on. I drilled the drivers to take an axle to get rid of that annoying plastic center sleave that always splits. The worm is adjustable like an old set of points in a car.

Attachments

• bach282.jpg
    bach282.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 157
  • bach282.jpg
    bach282.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 157
A scratchbuilt brass frame for this RPP SD45 I painted. Oh when someone askes how I painted that, I usualy reply, Either with a frozen mop or a dead cat.

Attachments

• crsd45.jpg
    crsd45.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 153
  • crsd45.jpg
    crsd45.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 153
That's an area where I need some advise. As you can see my locomotives are to clean. I need to learn how to weather.
Like this one , It's to clean

Attachments

• hoclimax3.jpg
    hoclimax3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 142
  • hoclimax3.jpg
    hoclimax3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 143
These were a get to know your lathe and milling machine project. Lots of OOPS's, but they acually ran smooth when hooked to a motor.
THE WORMS ARE PEICES OF 1/4" ALLTHREAD.

Attachments

• powertrucks.jpg
    powertrucks.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 116
  • powertrucks.jpg
    powertrucks.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 115
This is an AHM/Tyco kit-bash. P&LE #9000. I used a gearhead motor from a zoom-lens. Man is this thing slow, great for switching.

Attachments

• ple90002.jpg
    ple90002.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 119
  • ple90002.jpg
    ple90002.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 119
This is one of my earlier kitbashes. A Tyco Boiler on a scratch-built chassis. Weight is transferred to the drivers by way of a hinged weight that is hinged over the rear center drivers and rests on a slider that protrudes through the bottom of the boiler just in front of the front center drivers.

Attachments

• articulated2.jpg
    articulated2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 117
  • articulated2.jpg
    articulated2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 116
These are resin castings cast in wax molds. I want to try silicon molds one of these days. The wax molds don't last very long.

Attachments

• resincastings.jpg
    resincastings.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 117
  • resincastings.jpg
    resincastings.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 115
Thank you. The first three on this thread are O gauge, the rest are HO I guess I'n what's known as a rubber gauger, (into all scales)
This is an N scale project I picked up yesterday for $4 at the show , I am fabricating a new drive for it.

Attachments

• bachn484.jpg
    bachn484.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 118
Great Stuff Ray, Weathering?

Ray,

I have a few photos of engines which I have weathered and scratchbuild items with weathering. I will post a few of these on the threads and also send you some over your Email address.

Once again, great metal working!!!

Marc

WOW!

Man, that is some amazing talent you have, Ray!
Fantastic craftsmanship, & great modeling!
That articulated is really :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: