Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
COMBAT said:
Looks GREAT!!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks

viperman said:
Looks good, but I think you need to send it to Deano to get it detailed now

Thanks Steven, I wish I could send it too him, he does such an AWSOME job but I think that once I get the money, I am going to get detail parts for all of my locos, which is now up to 7, :D :D and try it, Ihave been wanting to do that for sometime now.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
COMBAT said:
sign1 7, you crack me up. I mean that in a good way!

sign1 I only have one BNSF unit so far too:cry: I need to fix that and get some more. I have 4 CNW's and 1 BNSF. Well I guess that is ok since I am modeling CNW, BNSF, and UP. Trying to get all my rolling stock and locos in those road names now and not somuch of the random road names I have been getting.:thumb: :thumb:

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
TruckLover said:
sign1 I only have one BNSF unit so far too:cry: I need to fix that and get some more. I have 4 CNW's and 1 BNSF. Well I guess that is ok since I am modeling CNW, BNSF, and UP. Trying to get all my rolling stock and locos in those road names now and not somuch of the random road names I have been getting.:thumb: :thumb:

Could be worse! I'm trying to model the MP as a present day railroad which in reality is a fallen flag. I have to repaint and decal all my newer locos. I have few AC4400's in Jenks blue and one decaled up so far. Its a pain in the butt. sign1 I wish I was infatuated with the UP. :cry:

LongIslandTom

Apr 8, 2006
Long Island, NY
Nothing wrong with getting all sorts of random roadname rolling stock.. Interchange often means rolling stock from other railroads show up on another's. :D

Locomotives do tend to stay on their own roads more though, that's true... Though these days we do see some loco mixing in run-through pool service or lease units, which I think gives a nice splash of color to a consist. :thumb:

For instance, sometimes I see Canadian Pacific units down here on Long Island at the Fresh Pond yard in Queens.. They are quite far from home, considering that Long Island is 400 miles south of the Canadian border!

Then you got passenger service.. I think an Amtrak train with a P42DC on point pulling a string of 3-4 Amtubes wouldn't look out of place on yoru layout.

Some diversity is a good thing! :cool:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
LOL, That is a lot of work, but think of it this way, you are getting more out of the experience with the hobby by doing your own work!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My favorite roadname is BNSF but I also like UP, CNW, and CSX. CNW is a fallen flag too to UP but they are much easyer to find in the newer locos than MP

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
LongIslandTom said:
Locomotives do tend to stay on their own roads more though, that's true... Though these days we do see some loco mixing in run-through pool service or lease units, which I think gives a nice splash of color to a consist. :thumb:

I see UP and BNSF together all time around here.

LongIslandTom said:
Then you got passenger service.. I think an Amtrak train with a P42DC on point pulling a string of 3-4 Amtubes wouldn't look out of place on yoru layout.

I do like passanger trains too, I love seeing the Amtrak trains roll-by around here but I am sorta stuck in the freight trains area if that make scence.

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
TruckLover said:
LOL, That is a lot of work, but think of it this way, you are getting more out of the experience with the hobby by doing your own work!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My favorite roadname is BNSF but I also like UP, CNW, and CSX. CNW is a fallen flag too to UP but they are much easyer to find in the newer locos than MP

I'm trying to run CNW, L&N, and MP. A few UP here and there and going to throw a SSW, SP, and at least one NS loco in there. love that black paint on the NS locos! :D

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
I like NS too, and I have plans to get at least one or two locos in NS. I also got an SP AC4400. Have plans to get some BN locos too. The majority of my locos will be BNSF, CNW, some patched for UP and some unpatched, and UP

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
On the BNSF tracks I work around, I've seen a freight headed by 2 UPs, I've seen CSX, and I think even a Conrail. I know Metra and Amtrack use the same tracks too. Within the last few weeks, I even saw one engine painted up for EMD, no roadname. Wish I had my camera with me that day

Outside of Ohare Airport, here by Chicago, I used to see CP (or was it CN) pulling out of the yard on a daily basis. I say used to, because that is no longer part of my route

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
MilesWestern said:
Gosh, ever thought about buying an EMD?!! :D Sheesh! sign1 sign1

sign1 O, well you caught me, I have been buying what ever I can get for the lowest prices and they all have been HUGE engines. I am bidding on an SD40-2 though.

MilesWestern said:
Also, GET SOME SWITCHERS! It'a a switching layout!!!
rolleyes.gif
sign1 sign1
wink.gif

sign1 Ok, maybe one wouldn't hurt. I want it to be a BNSF thought. Going to go check right now.:thumb: :thumb: :D :D

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
NICE ENGINES JOSH!!!:thumb: hey, you mentioned you was getting an SD40-2(EXCELLENT CHOICE:thumb:), the UP yard here uses MP15DC's...AND SD40-2's for switching!!!;) an SD40-2 would take care of your lack of a switcher, AND you could use it as a road unit:thumb:. GREAT ENGINES!:thumb: :D -Deano