Zathros has asked me to create some tutorials for Photoshop to help members with problems.

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
I can also add comments from time to time on the similarities between Photoshop and Paint-shop Pro as I have use PSP since it was freeware...up to PSP ProX IX.... there is very little difference in actual usage just layout and naming...
Thats a good idea Gandolf 50. There a lot of different photo manipulation programs and not everyone has access to Photoshop because of the price. Photoshop Elements is a cheaper solution if you want it but can't afford the full version. I will probably end up with that the next time I need to upgrade since I've retired.

Lee Clifton

Anyone have any ideas for my next tutorial since I've finished the Joker Clown Car? I'm getting ready to work on a couple of new action figure displays with paper model props. I need a Superman telephone booth (simple), designing a clean and distressed garbage can, and a Metropolis street trash can (changeable for any city). I'll be redesigning my street scene into a larger vertical two story version. Generic display with a rooftop for a new rooftop billboard. The walls can have signs, windows, doors, and maybe store or office fronts to be added for different versions. Will also use a technique for distressing or weathering the graphics using Photoshop layers and filters.

I found out that Walmart will print 2 foot x 6 foot and 2 foot x 8 foot paper banners from a digital photo file. 2x6 banners $24.96, and 2x8 banners $29.96. Thats for personally created photo graphics and no copyrighted materials. So I guess you could get models that you have created printed too. I'll be checking on that also. I can get my displays printed in larger sizes than I can at the local print shop (max size 11x17). They also look to be cheaper in the long run than going to a sign shop for poster prints.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I saw a guy make a waving US flag out of nothing once. I always wondered how he did that. I have CCS3 and CS5. ;)

Lee Clifton

I saw a guy make a waving US flag out of nothing once. I always wondered how he did that. I have CCS3 and CS5. ;)
I've done very little with the animation capabilities in Photoshop. Since I'm a commercial artist I've worked mostly for print work over the years and I've had some training in web design. There is a pretty simple way to animate using layers that I have used once or twice. This link is the easiest way to create an animated waving in Photoshop. You create the artwork for the flag and just download this action, and Photoshop does all the animation work.
http://www.nomadthepirate.com/tutorial/

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
This thread jst became a "Sticky". I mean just making a flag, animating one, oh boy!! :)