Union Pacific BIG BOY 4-8-8-4 1/25 Scale (Engine)

kooklik

Hello there

I decided to sprit to new thread for easier looking.

FRONT ENGINE SECTION
-----------------------
I return back to designing and adding details to the engine. I drafted 3D model since last year. Now I am turning all parts to be a paper model. I have to add the paper thickness to each part. And design how to assemble them.
For the engine I want to sprit to 3 sections. Front Engine , Back Engine and Boiler. I start from the front engine first. This section included with Engine Truck , Front Engine. Most of parts are ready to be unrolled.

Engine-01.jpg

Engine-03.jpg

Engine-04.jpg

Engine-06.jpg

Engine-07.jpg

Engine-08.jpg

kooklik

First part which i want to try building is wheels. They are rather complex shape to be build in paper. My first try was faild in a few days ago. Here is my new design and try to build its internal frame. The frame building is going nice. I'll try to skin in next day.
cheers
----kooklik----
Engine-11.jpg

Engine-12.JPG

chooch.42

Kooklik, Greetings again. Pleased and amazed to see your continued progress on this massive work of art, and awed by your patience and craftsmanship. Thanks for continuing to share the process and results. All the Best ! Bob C.

kooklik

Thank you Bob and bulldogowner
I'm back to the long journey again. The wheel skinning process is under testing. Not finish yet.
:noworry:
Engine-13.jpg

hmas

OH Gawd.
Kooklik is replicating everything down to the last rivet.:amazed:
All we need now is a model :wondering:eek:f the workshops to build the loco in.

kooklik

Thank you Tony
I finished the test build of Main Drive Wheel. It works well. There was some gap between surface and surface by cutting and bending errors. I repaired by adding big volume of glue to those gaps. And removed the exceed volume by a cotton bud. Those gaps were completely removed.

Engine-14.jpg

Engine-15.jpg

Engine-17.JPG

Engine-18.JPG

Attachments

• Engine-13.jpg
    Engine-13.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 114

kooklik

Intermediate Drive Wheel

Hello there , I just finished cutting cardboard pieces of another kind of drive wheel.
The frame position is quite well fitting. I tried without glue. Parts connection is very strong.

Engine-19.jpg
Engine-20.jpg

Ronson2k3

OMG!!!

That's awesome.. Glad to see you back at it again. How did you do the 'chrome' around the driver? I know you can get chrome leaf material for doing cars with?

So so glad to see you back again. So looking forward to the updates.

kooklik

OMG!!!

That's awesome.. Glad to see you back at it again. How did you do the 'chrome' around the driver? I know you can get chrome leaf material for doing cars with?

So so glad to see you back again. So looking forward to the updates.

I cut a gift wraping sheet like a ribbon. Spray glue on it and wrap around the wheel.

Ronson2k3

Very cool. I should think aluminum foil could do the trick too. Gift wrap has a bit more stamina though and take the handling/movement a lot more.

I'll be keeping my eyes glued to this 'new' thread...

astralwanderer

Again a massive undertaking by this talented craftsman. I will follow this link with interest as I have thought this a good subject but complex.

kooklik

Hello there
I was redesigning almost all parts. Added details to chassis , brake , suspension. All parts are ready to be unrolled.
Engine-31.jpg
Engine-30.jpg