To Voyage to the Delta Quadrant (for the third time....) :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Hey! That all looks just great!
I'm working on a way to make a black stencil at 95% reduction to the print so the light blocking is effective for LED lighting. Also, spray gluing a black sheet of black typing paper to the back of the print might work, and I will try that too. Just waiting on a ride to the store is all.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Some little fitment issues that would be worth addressing on such a major model. I'm sure you see them. These little issues detract from a otherwise fantastic model! :)

spaceagent-9

Can I ask how you laminate them and do you do it before the print or after, or even after the part is shaped and glued as a single piece or glued into place, please?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
These models of yours are progressing exponentially, and the lighting, well, the night time pics speak for themselves. :)

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
@spaceagent-9 I laminate after printing but before cutting. The only negative to this technique is sometimes the black paper shows on your edges, I then "patch" with another copy of the same part, printed on the thinnest paper I can find. I cut the edge of the part (as thin as possible) and then glue over the visible black paper.

spaceagent-9

I see. I have tried before but was at a loss to make it satisfactorily as you said, and the edge was unacceptable. I like your technique for that. Sometimes I overlapped the black backing to hide the light leak in the seam area.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic build! :Bravo: :Bravo: :Bravo:

You have to look twice to realize it is made of paper. Great job!

The Thunderfighter was the model which brought me to papercrafting, but the Voyager supported my "voyage" into the matter. When I chose to expand my model collection I realized that I was a bit late to the party, all Voyager plamos were sold out. Then I found several Voyager paper models on the web, one nicer than the other, with Christine's topping them all. That moment was a game changer for me because it showed me that I could almost be independent from availability of certain things if I knew how to make them myself, in a similar quality. At that time I was a total beginner, I had completed my first TF, and started on the enhanced Gemini Freighter. ;)