To be somewhat Enterprising....

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
And the underside of the saucer

And now the gripe. The neck is simply not long enough! If you try to fit the saucer on the curve of the hull blocks the torpedo launchers! I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to get this right. My solution, double it up! I luckily printed 2 copies and glued the spare inside the saucer as you can see above, with the original neck (with torpedo launchers) attached to the secondary hull. Interestingly the alignment of the saucer with the warp nacelles is also corrected with this, otherwise the saucer sits too low.

Good catch!

Interesting solution too!

Thanks for sharing.

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Behold! The USS Enterprise pizza cutter :)

IMG_20210928_162401.jpg

Now to address the issue I alluded to regarding the saucer. Since this has been lifted from a game the texture overlap is quite hectic here. The entire superstructure area needs to be cut out. Once you do this you're asking for it to deform since the curve will not be correct (learned this experientially....)

The best way (for me, anyway) is to build from a central, re-inforced core piece. Now this is tricky here since the superstructure also has texture overlap, in that the part extends inside the saucer and does not just glue onto of it.

My solution;

IMG_20210928_162938.jpg

And the side elevation showing the "hidden" texture

IMG_20210928_162952.jpg

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Once again I hit the snag of no internal formers, so how to get the saucer rim spacing correct?

Here's my solution :)

IMG_20210929_203523.jpg

It turns out toothpicks are exactly the size I need. You can see from the pic where I have re-inforced the two outer rings with cardboard.

Last edited:

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Thanks @spaceagent-9 , my favourite TVV show while growing up :)

Another McGyver here :) The upper saucer buckled while attaching to the rim, soo....

Take three with this part. :headbange: The inner sections needs more support to keep the line of the hull here's my solution. Since there is a slight curve I can't just stick card underneath, and getting card to take a curve is a fight in itself

IMG_20211002_093419.jpg

IMG_20211002_095845.jpg

As you can see the curve is much firmer

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I think that you did a great job on this project!!!
Thank you for sharing this build with all of us!!!