To be somewhat Enterprising....

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
[QUOTE="

First gripes with the B kit I have chosen, no support structures and no instructions! :headbange:
[/QUOTE]

I hate it too when high potential kits have no directions.

Could you share your build here to provide directions for th kit?

I know that's a lot of detail in pics and words, but it would help others learn before stumbling through the process.

Keep the build thread going!

Great theme!!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Each one improves exponentially. This may be your best yet. Of course the night time shots, all lit up are yet to be beat! :)

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
This one is gonna be a stunner too. I never fell in love with the E-B, The "bulge" added nothing to the base Excelsior, but I still like me some lovely Enterprises.

Reactions: Cybergrinder

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Jun 24, 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
So here we have the pylon mounted to the hull. I forgot to mention this earlier, but I used a piece of card to support the "lid" of the secondary hull. You can see a bit uncovered at the front

IMG_20210913_181556.jpg

Now gripe time. The nacelles are very tricky, and confirm what I suspected, the template was lifted from a game and there is a lot, I mean a lot of texture overlap.

As a result I have left the faring off for now, until I an get the alignment right

IMG_20210913_181421.jpg

And here is the nacelle attached

IMG_20210913_182620.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Great work so far. A lot of paper models we have are because someone lifted the textures from games, and those so artifacts of thier source.

Reactions: Cybergrinder

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Nothing like a great sub build! :)

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Great work and tips!

I found the secondary hull warped without an upper support. I also had to add interior supports to the fore section of the secondary hull, behind the deflector, to retain the shape of the fore hull as well.

Your pylon support idea is smart, as was the nacelle support. These too will warp.

Thanks for sharing these ideas and the way you made it work!

This is a cool idea for a kit, but the actual build was a bit challenging. Your ideas are great suggestions.