Member Extraordinaire
And the TOS edition is done!

IMG_20210823_171704.jpg

IMG_20210823_171654.jpg
IMG_20210823_171829.jpg
IMG_20210823_171848.jpg

And for scale purposes :) that's a 30cm (12in) ruler next to the model

IMG_20210823_171933.jpg

I have to say I'm really chuffed the way this one came out. No nacelle droop, saucer looks like a saucer, not a deformed frisbee, the angles for the pylons also correct :)

There was a post asking for my ST work so far, so...

IMG_20210823_172018.jpg

I'm sure everyone can recognise the ships? Looks like even Vader can't match the Federation....

On the topic of comparing the different versions I found a this scale chart for the Enterprises.

mwTrBHY.jpg

Next up, the B.

So if I was to consider duplicating it, would it be 2 B or not 2 B?

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
@micahrogers Don't worry, the plan is to build A - D :) I'm going to leave the A to last as I was thinking that the two with the most movie screen time (A, (ok, refit if you want to get technical) & E) are to be lit up. Since I have the E already done with lights I'm going to leave the trickiest to last. (At least, I think it will be the trickiest...)

First gripes with the B kit I have chosen, no support structures and no instructions! :headbange:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
FANTASTIC JOB! The fleet looks superb!!!:BRAVO:

I have to say I'm really chuffed the way this one came out. No nacelle droop, saucer looks like a saucer, not a deformed frisbee, the angles for the pylons also correct :)
Rightly so! These are some of the straightest and most stable looking nacelles I have ever seen on any model. :)

That group shot reminded me of the time when "Star Trek" only had a handful of ships available. IIRC there were only the Constitution class, the Romulan Warbird, the Klingon ship, K-7, the Planet Destroyer and the Tholian vessels in the TV show. Starfleet would really expanse with the second and third movie which brought us the magnificent Reliant and the the Bird of Prey, two of my all-time favourite ship designs. Starfleet started to feel "big" then with the beautiful space station but "First Contact" probably showcased the most ships of the line on the big screen.

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
And the TOS edition is done!

View attachment 196553

View attachment 196554
View attachment 196555
View attachment 196556

And for scale purposes :) that's a 30cm (12in) ruler next to the model

View attachment 196557

There was a post asking for my ST work so far, so...

View attachment 196558

I'm sure everyone can recognise the ships? Looks like even Vader can't match the Federation....

On the topic of comparing the different versions I found a this scale chart for the Enterprises.

View attachment 196560

Next up, the B.

So if I was to consider duplicating it, would it be 2 B or not 2 B?
Awesome Job Cybergrinder! :toast::toast:
Love the work you've done on the dish and the overall model!:BRAVO::BRAVO:
The scale comparisons are incredible!:exploding_head:

LOVE them.:) :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I always thought that the Voyager was smaller than the various Enterprise iterations.

Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of us.:)

Sky Seeker

Last edited:

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
FANTASTIC JOB! The fleet looks superb!!!:BRAVO:

Rightly so! These are some of the straightest and most stable looking nacelles I have ever seen on any model. :)

That group shot reminded me of the time when "Star Trek" only had a handful of ships available. IIRC there were only the Constitution class, the Romulan Warbird, the Klingon ship, K-7, the Planet Destroyer and the Tholian vessels in the TV show. Starfleet would really expanse with the second and third movie which brought us the magnificent Reliant and the the Bird of Prey, two of my all-time favourite ship designs. Starfleet started to feel "big" then with the beautiful space station but "First Contact" probably showcased the most ships of the line on the big screen.

Don't forget the various video games as well re: Armada and Armada II.

Sky Seeker