The UHU02 Colonial Viper appreciation thread

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
KEEP ME ALIVE!!!

walking-dead-zombie-girl-torso-WIDE.jpg

source: http://scifimafia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/walking-dead-zombie-girl-torso-WIDE.jpg

Sorry, I just had to post this! :)

Don't worry, folks, this thread won't become necro. My working pace has slowed down a bit but I will return to my dio as soon as time allows. I'm glad to see that all of you are still there and that the thread has survived the transition. CU all soon! ;)

Last edited:

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Rhaven, you blew my mind when I saw this on Skype, seeing it in these stills is even more impressive! Great! :)

silveroxide

It took me a while to find an off scale figure to make my crew. From these models, I will take the heads and make molds of the heads, hands and feet and the body will be made from paper stock. The body of my viper pilot is depicted with the head from the female model. I will get back to this build thread showing the making of the pilots and crew.Sany0036.jpg Sany0037.jpg

Taek

This is amazing. I have this template but could not even try to build cuz it looked complex;however, you even made it possible with smaller scale. Nice work!!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is amazing. I have this template but could not even try to build cuz it looked complex;however, you even made it possible with smaller scale. Nice work!!

To be perfectly honest, at first glance, I too was a bit intimidated by the complexity of the model as a whole. Once I got started on building it, I did not want it to end!
It really was an ENJOYABLE build! Everything went together easily.
I have to say that I had GREAT fun building this model (even with using the wrong thickness of paper).
UHU02 did a SPECTACULAR JOB in designing this model.
I would strongly recommend building this model. The MOST IMPORTANT points that I can not STRESS ENOUGH is:
TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BUILD THIS MODEL IN A DAY OR EVEN A WEEKEND!!!
You will FRAK IT UP if you do not pay attention to the instructions carfully!!!

I hope to see you build this model.
If you run into any problems with it, you can either ask UHU02 (as he is a member of the forum and is a really nice guy) or you can ask one of us who have built it and we will help how ever we can.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I totally second that! Do not rush anything, go step by step, have a break from time to time but do not stop, and you will be rewarded. This Viper is one of the best designs in paper model history which I think EVERY paper model builder is supposed to build at least once in his / her life. And the result is so stunning that it even fools plastic model kit fans! (It happened to me; a lot of my friends who saw my model thought it was made from the Moebius kit.)

Danscrew

Danscrew
I second, second that me too !

This model is fabulous..........frankingtastick !!

You can be sure that it will be my next project after completing the colonial one. And thantk all you guys.... Silveroxides, Rhaven Blaack, Revell-Fan........ for your build pictures. It will help us to build this model. THANK'S !

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
@Danscrew I am really looking forward to seeing your build of this model!!!
With how you build models, I am very certain that it will be a sight to see!!!

Danscrew

Danscrew
Just a in........... I overscale about 1.75 the initial size of the parts. I will be able to add some lights in the cockpit and the engines :rolleyes:

silveroxide

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SWOOOSH - YAY! That would take the whole thing to a wholly new level, Dan! And this would be a great asset to this thread. Go for it, champ, and "enlight" us! :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I recently found the Epson Paper Craft site (which can be found here: http://www.epson.jp/sponsor/nakajima/craft/).
I downloaded the entire pit crew equipment. I removed all of the EPSON marking (As I am using these for my own models and I will not be distributing anything to anyone). Afterwards, I resized everything to 1:50 scale. I printed out a few parts (i.e. the laptops, tool box, and a few other things that will be added later).
I may add a few tanks of pressurized gas, or some other components.

Here are the photos so far.
IMAG3449.jpg IMAG3450.jpg IMAG3451.jpg IMAG3452.jpg IMAG3453.jpg IMAG3454.jpg

Last edited:

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
I made a couple more components (from the Epson Pit Equipment) to add to my diorama (a mobile diagnostic station, another tool case, and another device that is connected to the Viper itself). These components only took a couple minutes.

IMAG3457.jpg IMAG3458.jpg IMAG3459.jpg IMAG3460.jpg IMAG3461.jpg IMAG3462.jpg IMAG3463.jpg IMAG3464.jpg IMAG3465.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hehehe! With all this pit equipment she's getting ready for the "Space Race"! :);):)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Well ladies and gentlemen, I think that I have come to the end of this diorama.
I think that I have added enough "extras" (although, I may add one more figurine sitting at the computer diagnostic center) so that it looks like a proper work station (without distracting from the main focus, which of course is UHU02's FAN(FRAKKING)TASIC VIPER!!!).

IMAG3483.jpg IMAG3484.jpg IMAG3485.jpg IMAG3486.jpg IMAG3487.jpg IMAG3488.jpg IMAG3489.jpg

ENJOY!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
HOLY FRAK - THIS IS AWESOME! Very well done, RB! I don't like it, I LOVE IT!!!! :):):):):):)