The UHU02 Colonial Viper appreciation thread

silveroxide

What Can I say, great build and I am looking forward to the Diorama. At that small scale, It is going to be interesting to see the crew working on the fighter. I believe that there are some mini figures from the railroading side that can be used for the deck crew, but you may have to paint and modify some of them. Are you going to make a separate thread for the diorama build? Thanks for sharing and see you around next posting.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What Can I say, great build and I am looking forward to the Diorama. At that small scale, It is going to be interesting to see the crew working on the fighter. I believe that there are some mini figures from the railroading side that can be used for the deck crew, but you may have to paint and modify some of them.

Thank you very much!

I thought about hiring a group of ants and painting them orange! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Are you going to make a separate thread for the diorama build?

This is something I haven't decided yet. I'll think about it and keep everyone updated here.

And, BTW, the BIG Penny is available here:

http://davesdesigns.ca/cutandfold/html/free_paper_models.html

It is in the "Oddball Stuff" section; it is about the size of a CD. Great illusion and a funny alternative to the scale-cubes; I think I'll make a BIG EURO-Cent model! :thumb:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
As for the diorama, do you remember that little teaser:

attachment.php

Well, I have attached another pic. Do you guess what it is??? :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF3373.JPG
    DSCF3373.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 33

silveroxide

Graet work on your viper. You should take the Starbuck plate and tail number off and replace it with HUSKER. It looks like the refurbished Mark II from the first episode fresh out of the museum.

It is great to have the Master pop in every now and then to check on his creation as built by different builders with different techniques. Thanks UHU02.

At the moment, I have to re-do a couple of access panels that seemed to have disappeared. I have the wooden base cut out and have started on the floor plan for the maintenance bay, but those photos will come later. The Viper looks like it belongs on the base plan. Can't wait until the walls start to go up. Build on and see you all around the forum.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you all very much for your kind comments! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Great work on your viper. You should take the Starbuck plate and tail number off and replace it with HUSKER. It looks like the refurbished Mark II from the first episode fresh out of the museum.

Well, I don't want to reveal too much about it, but there was another factory-fresh Viper in the fleet... It had a story which will be told soon..! :cool:

It is great to have the Master pop in every now and then to check on his creation as built by different builders with different techniques. Thanks UHU02.

That's right! :thumb:

At the moment, I have to re-do a couple of access panels that seemed to have disappeared. I have the wooden base cut out and have started on the floor plan for the maintenance bay, but those photos will come later. The Viper looks like it belongs on the base plan. Can't wait until the walls start to go up. Build on and see you all around the forum.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pics. Good luck with the dio! :thumb:

Raven101

Amazing I though this was impressive when I thought it was original size, then I see that picture showing its true size. Never been much good at building paper models myself just build for fun of it regardless. But I'm always in amazement at moderns out there who can build in such a small scale. Amazing.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Amazing I though this was impressive when I thought it was original size, then I see that picture showing its true size. Never been much good at building paper models myself just build for fun of it regardless. But I'm always in amazement at moderns out there who can build in such a small scale. Amazing.
Sorry for the confusion, but I was just kidding!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The Viper is 1:32 scale and about 28 cm (11") long, the Penny is a paper model and about 12 cm (4.5") in diameter.

sign1sign1sign1

Rogerio Silva

RF

You see? You see? Shame on you... Fooling around with people...
Naaaaah... That's the quality of your penny model that did it! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, yes, you are right, Rogerio.... And I deeply apologize.... angel

And I guess the only way to show my deepest remorse is ... to build something small...

Something really small...

SOMETHING REALLY, REALLY SMALL,FOR REAL!!!

Just take a look..! :thumb:

Attachments

• DSCF3353.JPG
    DSCF3353.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCF3359.JPG
    DSCF3359.JPG
    159.9 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF3360.JPG
    DSCF3360.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCF3376.JPG
    DSCF3376.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 24

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This job costs me an arm and a leg... Wait, there is no leg ... YET! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF3279.JPG
    DSCF3279.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF3281.JPG
    DSCF3281.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF3282.JPG
    DSCF3282.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCF3288.jpg
    DSCF3288.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF3291.JPG
    DSCF3291.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 74

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, the leg and the arm need something to be attached to...

Attachments

• DSCF3273.JPG
    DSCF3273.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF3274.JPG
    DSCF3274.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF3271.JPG
    DSCF3271.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF3378.JPG
    DSCF3378.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF3379.jpg
    DSCF3379.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF3380.JPG
    DSCF3380.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF3381.JPG
    DSCF3381.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 18

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The Astronaut Is starting to look REALLY GOOD!!!
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!