SUPER TIE FIGHTER

lons fede

Hello everyone, how long? I come to show you a very little known papercraft, a model even an unknown house from the science fiction universe where it comes from.
And with this said, I present to you, the only one, the incomparable, super mega great, SUPER TIE FIGHTER

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.39.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.13.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.48.jpeg

I found this model on a facebook page in image format for free download, which I compiled in a pdf and I would like to share it in this group (obviously with the permission of the administrators)
Without further hesitation I will leave a small history of this little-known model both in this paper model community and in its own universe.

HISTORI
The Super TIE/LN starfighter, commonly called the Super TIE, was a Sienar Fleet Systems custom TIE/LN starfighter created at the Maw Facility to overcome some of the shortcomings of the traditional TIE/LN starfighter.

Characteristic
The Super TIE closely resembled the standard TIE, although the engine nacelle was slightly larger. The Super TIE, however, featured a more powerful engine and superior targeting capabilities, making it faster and more deadly than the standard starfighter.

History
The Super TIE was the result of a hobby project among Maw scientists that disassembled and reassembled the Facility's complement of TIE fighters. Eventually, dozens of Super TIEs were produced and used as interceptors to capture any starships that wandered too close to the Facility. While an improvement over the TIE/LN, it was developed independently of mainstream Imperial starfighter research, which created the much more effective TIE Interceptor.

TIE/LN super starfighter
production information
Maker
Installing the Jaws
Class
starfighter
Technical specifications
Length
6.3 meters
maximum atmospheric speed
1,250km/h
Armament
2 laser cannons
Crew
1 (pilot)
Loading capacity
55 kilograms
consumables
2 days
Use
Membership
Maw Ragged Fleet
Más información sobre este texto de origenPara obtener más información sobre la traducción, se necesita el texto de origen
Enviar comentarios
Paneles laterales

now I will show you a little of the manufacturing process

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.43.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.43 (1).jpeg

we start with the wings or the solar panels this part has many parts that must be glued carefully to make them look good
they are left with a funnel shape, look at the image below

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.44.jpeg

then comes the cabin, this part is the one that differs the most from the models, I suppose from the same creator, which presents a greater amount of detail

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.44 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.44 (2).jpeg

The arm that connects the cabin with the panels is very short and I recommend that you straighten it before gluing it, which I did after assembling the model when I realized this error

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.44 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.45.jpeg

the hyper-drive and the engines are shown in the following images, as well as the installation of the four turvo lasers

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.45 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.45 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.37.46.jpeg

here it is as it is finished and with the error of the arm it is solved, I hope if I am allowed to upload the file so that you can enjoy it, (if I am allowed, put it in comments). then tell me that this model seems unusual.

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.13.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.39.jpegWhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 21.38.48.jpeg

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Appreciate the directions but I don't have, and by contract am not allowed, to access social media sites like Facebook.

Any chance the author will permit his kits to be placed on this forum?

Thanks for the build pics!

lons fede

Appreciate the directions but I don't have, and by contract am not allowed, to access social media sites like Facebook.

Any chance the author will permit his kits to be placed on this forum?

Thanks for the build pics!
I send you a PM

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
These variants, which never have seemed to appear in any of the movies kind of bother me a little. This looks similar to a "Tie" fighter used in one of the movies, which was actually a toy made by Kennar, used for one shot.

There are so many "Tie" models out there, if they don't have an interior, or extremely detailed panels, I kind of glaze over them. I certainly wouldn't build one. Not with so many detailed canon models out there.

I guess I'm not a fan because when Star Wars first came out, I thought, "it can't be "Ion Drive" propulsion as the panels are facing the wrong direction, and would be blocking each other otherwise. So I settled for the fantasy action and enjoyed it. It was after the movies when my disdain grew for the obvious faux pas made by the movie, but is it fantasy. This would be an O.K. model for a beginer, but there are others that would give a beginner a solid canon model, not something made up by someone, which this seems to be. Then again, kitbashing is a whole fun thing to do, but this isn't really kit bashing. I wonder how many people would actually build this. ;)

lons fede

These variants, which never have seemed to appear in any of the movies kind of bother me a little. This looks similar to a "Tie" fighter used in one of the movies, which was actually a toy made by Kennar, used for one shot.

There are so many "Tie" models out there, if they don't have an interior, or extremely detailed panels, I kind of glaze over them. I certainly wouldn't build one. Not with so many detailed canon models out there.

I guess I'm not a fan because when Star Wars first came out, I thought, "it can't be "Ion Drive" propulsion as the panels are facing the wrong direction, and would be blocking each other otherwise. So I settled for the fantasy action and enjoyed it. It was after the movies when my disdain grew for the obvious faux pas made by the movie, but is it fantasy. This would be an O.K. model for a beginer, but there are others that would give a beginner a solid canon model, not something made up by someone, which this seems to be. Then again, kitbashing is a whole fun thing to do, but this isn't really kit bashing. I wonder how many people would actually build this. ;)
Hello, what constructive criticism, but this model, although it does not appear in the movies, does appear in the expanded universe of Star Wars. You may not be a fan of the movies, but the expanded universe has a lot to offer with models of spaceships that belong to the Star Wars canon (comics and books, etc). such is the case of this model and others of the TIE series.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, I've seen all of the Star War movies. Rogue One is my favorite, but I do like the Final Movie a real lot. I am a Star Wars fan, just not happy with the laziness of the producers, who never bothered to see how an Ion Drive engine works (and a lot of other things), the Tie Fighters would have looked different, but similar, the panels would be 90 turned. It would make for some interesting ships if they just stuck to science a bit more, fantasy for the people, and spiritual mumbo jumbo part of it. It would be a universe tht ties no one together, based on how many Mitichlorians(SP?) you had in you, not a Supreme Being. No Thanks. Lucas took a lot of criticism for explaining the "Force" with that, and rightly so. Where does faith come in? It's secular mumbo jumbo. Fun to watch, I love science fiction and science fantasy. ;)