Star Destroyer Paper Model Project

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You know that if you fire up those engines, the whole model will burn right up. :)

paplexworld

Finally! I think I'm satisfied with the rear details after spending a week on this part. From now on, I will move on to work in other areas.

#PaperStarDestroyer #StarWars

For more updated status, please follow on my Facebook fanpage below!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

paplexworld

Continued from the previous post. Now the upper decks have been done since yesterday. From today I am doing another important part to "fix an error" on the command tower which I've done incorrectly before. I'll update the progress here very soon!

For more updated status, please follow my Facebook fanpage below!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

paplexworld

As I said yesterday
Now I have fixed an error on the command tower. And an error is that I made it too detailed. (Yes, you didn't read it wrong. Too detailed!)
Previously, I was unable to find a reference image of the top view of the command tower. That made me have to "guess" the details by myself. But after I found a clear reference images just recently, I realized that what I've made was very different from what it should be!
Although some people may think that I wasted my time unnecessarily with this, but at least I want it to be as good as possible.
And now I am happy with what I've spent 2 days for!

https://www.facebook.com/PaperStarDestroyer

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I think that you are doing a PHENOMENAL JOB on this project!
As for wasting your time with over detailing it, only you can say if you have wasted your time or not.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

paplexworld

Great JOB!! Since you seem to be winding this up... I have found your next project for you! Of course you won't be able to make it as small as this one :) but 3 meters should be enough...
How about a Resurgent Class SD ???

Thanks for your idea! Resurgent Class got pretty high detail but I would be excited to make it!
However, my next model after this would be the Millennium Falcon, then I'll consider about the next one after that! ;)
Btw, seriously, I've dreamed of making a paper model with the size of 3-4 meters!

paplexworld

Spent my past weekend added the expansion plates with a lot of details on it. (I have no idea what are these parts called.) These pieces were stacked underneath the edge around the ship. Including the extension part that extended from the front tip about 1.5 inches too.

https://www.facebook.com/PaperStarDestroyer

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Wow, two MoM candidates at the same time.... Maybe the photo-shoppers amongst us could get a great pic of the B-Wing and the ISD together?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Sequentially, whoever is done first that's how MOM works, it's not a this is better than that recognition. Hopefully, when our front page gets rebuilt, we will go back to posting them there. I will reach back to the first one not to make it, and have every model recognized gets it's time on the front page. ;)

This model is going to set the the bar on this design and build of this ship. I would find it hard with someone to beat it, or even come close, except to replicate it. ;)