Star Destroyer Paper Model Project

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
The precision and craftsmanship of your work is AMAZING! Everything is very clean, clear and crisp!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking forward to when you trim the edge of the main tower cross piece, it just looks so naked!! ;)

paplexworld

Time to fill the empty area with some details!
Now the side of the tiers is getting covered with tiny pieces.
It’s easier for me to arrange these details on a single panel then put the whole thing on the place.

#PaperStarDestroyer #StarWars
https://www.facebook.com/PaperStarDestroyer

20191021-2.jpg

20191021-3.jpg

20191021-4.jpg

20191021-1.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Did you ever get that rin piece around the front of the superstructure? Just curious. The detailing on this is a labor of love. I don't think it will glide more than five feet if you throw it though. (sick joke! :) )

I think those dome pieces came out superb. Real craftsmanship, on everything, of the highest order. ;)

paplexworld

First time with a full view!
Looks like finished? Not yet, this is only about 50%!...
There are still many more details to be added.

However, another important part of this update is.. the Star Destroyer is now lifting off the ground! (or at least it looks like it is.) With an acrylic base I've just made, this will help me a lot working around and under her body!

#PaperStarDestroyer #StarWars

https://www.facebook.com/PaperStarDestroyer
20191101-1.jpg

20191101-2.jpg

20191101-3.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like finished? Not yet, this is only about 50%!...
There are still many more details to be added.
Always remember what Tim Ketzer said when he built his studio scale Millennium Falcon replica from scratch:

I find there's always one "problem" when you build a model from scratch: When you first start it, it goes real fast. After a couple of days you already have something that looks like an unfinished Millennium Falcon. It's very rough, but since you've been working with big parts, you have an impressive model. Then, as you work along, the parts get smaller and smaller. You put more and more hours into the model but you don't really see as much progress. And weeks later, you still have an unfinished Millennium Falcon model. And months later: an unfinished Millennium Falcon model!

Source: http://www.ketzer.com/modelmaking/

This is coming together beautifully! :)

paplexworld

INDEED! THAT'S INCREDIBLE!!!! Are you working on it alone or do you have some "cutting aides"?

Hi, thank you for your compliments! and sorry for very late reply (I'm quite busy most of the times so sometimes I ask my gf to help me posting and sharing an updates of the project here.)
Well, I have to say that I'm working alone for this ship, not even a cutting machine was used in this project. :)

paplexworld

Did you ever get that rin piece around the front of the superstructure? Just curious. The detailing on this is a labor of love. I don't think it will glide more than five feet if you throw it though. (sick joke! :) )

I think those dome pieces came out superb. Real craftsmanship, on everything, of the highest order. ;)

Thanks man, and sorry for very late reply!

Yes, once it all completed, the details of every sides around the superstructure will be decorated with those small pieces referring to the ILM original studio model. Please follow in the next updates soon. ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
This is an example of how reliance on graphics leads to boxy models, with flat surfaces. This is fast becoming a model that could be a movie miniature. Your attention to detail is paying off, big time. :)