Spendlik's attempts of creative art

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to see that you are designing again. I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your Rendering is great!! I am thinking of getting Rhino7. My son is still a student, so I can get it cheap! :)

Your Rendering is great!! I am thinking of getting Rhino7. My son is still a student, so I can get it cheap! :)
Thanks!
Rhino7 is out for couple of weeks and based on what I saw it is a huge step up comparing to Rhino 6. SubD modeling is a huge thing, not for paper modelers but sure for lot of people out there. And also, render core has been improved, so if you have a chance for lower price, go for it. I will upgrade my v6 to v7 after New Year (should receive new year salary bonus from my employer) and there still should be entry discount. But student license is about 100€, that's a bargain for that program.

OK, that looks GREAT!!!
I would be interested in building it!!!
Be patient :) But I am really looking forward to start unfolding this beast :)

This model is one of three (four) I am working right now and all of them are just a small training before I get back to BatWing '89.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Ing. Spendlik : I'm so happy to see you again! :Drinks: :Drinks: :Drinks:

The VT-49 looks awesome. I'm sure it will be a fantastic model when finished! :)

Take care and keep up the great work!thumbsup

@mijob : I think you will like this! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Remember, this space is for people to put their "Renders and Illustrations", don't expdect a model. SOmetimes you have to practice to see what you can reasonably do, and find out what can't be done, but end up with great "Renders". That's what this thread is for. Someone may state they wish to make a model, but never produce it. This thread is for seeing the dreams, without worrying about expectations. :)

Remember, this space is for people to put their "Renders and Illustrations", don't expdect a model. SOmetimes you have to practice to see what you can reasonably do, and find out what can't be done, but end up with great "Renders". That's what this thread is for. Someone may state they wish to make a model, but never produce it. This thread is for seeing the dreams, without worrying about expectations. :)

In this case, I am also expecting that this dream comes true - so wish me luck :)

During these strange times I was finally able to get my hands on my beloved hobby and I instantly felt why I like it so much. It is an incredible feeling when you see that something is being created basically out of nothing and the main "moving factor" of this process is you brain and your hands. And on top of that I am learning new things. I am working on several 3D models and with every single one I have tried something new. For example, this model of Primaris Space Marine and its rounded shapes are something, you do not want to recreate using NURBS. But it is possible. Helmet and backpack are ready, next will be the torso.

primaris.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Not sure why you would not to try that with NURBS, as the compounded surfaces is what NURBS is best at. Especially when Control Points are turned on. You can add and remove these points as necessary. What did you use to make it? :)