Spencer's Intro

Sep 2, 2023
Greetings! I really love the idea of model building in general, whether it is cardstock, origami, plastic, metal, wood, or mixed materials. I am very new to all of them, but cardstock really intrigues me because I have seen absolutely stunning models online that I would have never thought possible. I am aware of multiple fantastic websites, and wanted to join Zealot because maybe it is just me but there does not seem to be very many papercraft/cardstock model forums out there. So thank you Zealot for providing a community! Looking forward to making friends and getting to know other members as well as sharing builds and enjoying other people's papercraft creations and builds! You can consider me an absolute beginner but I am really excited for the journey!

Chuffy70

Jun 5, 2022
Norwich UK
Welcome and lets hope you enjoy your journey into the world of paper model making...

Personally I'd start off with something basic, possibly square based and go from there... This was how I went about my paper modeling and just learned as I went.

The beauty of this kind of model making is if you make a mistake, you can print another off and have another go.

There are plenty of people here to help you - and there are no stupid questions... Have fun!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello and welcome to Zealot! You have come to the right place for all things paper & cardstock (and other mediums), as well as model building as a whole, and to build and hone your skills. If I may ask, what genre are you interested in?

When you start a new project, I would like to invite you to post build threads of your projects. Build threads are a great way to show off your skills and techniques, as well as to highlight problem areas that you may need help with or show how you were able to solve said problem.

So, if you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Hello Spencer nice to have you here and thank you for your introduction. There are a lot of nice models avaiable taje your to pick one and build. And dont forget to start a building thread we love pictures.

Sep 2, 2023
Thank you Rhaven Blaack and Mijob! Right now I am interested in simple vehicles and hopefully will be starting one soon!

Reactions: mijob

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Here are a few links to sites that have decent model templates of various vehicles:

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
Welcome Aboard Spencer,
You'll love it here in our crazy little world. we have grown to cover all things model, paper, cardstock, plastic, resin, metal, even miniatures. If you have any questions, just ask, and please, post pictures of any of your completed builds in this thread. And start a new thread for any future projects.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hello and wecome to the forum!

Thank you very much for your awesome introduction. I am sure that you will like it here! :)

Have fun and enjoy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Thanks for your post, and "Welcome to Zealot". We welcome all kinds of modeling, but the center focus is paper, or multimedia models that have paper. We have a few people building PVC models, which is very interesting. I don't think we have ever denied someone's build post because of the medium they use.

My Crealty K1Max 3D printer will be coming in at the beginning of next week, so we may see more of 3D printing threads.

Welcome to Zealot, feel free to ask questions, there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, we try to minimize that, nicely. There are many ways to achieve the same end result.

What subject model would you like to try first? Naming a few can help us find you some nice free models to build. :)

Sep 2, 2023
Thank you Revell-Fan and zathros! I think I may do a car from PaperToys.com or something simple from Canon Creative Park first. But still looking at some other sites and trying to decide lol. Not sure yet which one I want to do first.

Reactions: Revell-Fan