SpaceBattleship Yamato 2199 ~ 2202

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Allen, it looks like we lost the pics, you think you could throw some into this thread? The model is too beautiful not to see!! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am very glad to see that you are returning back to this model! I am really looking forward to seeing how it will turn out!
When I was a youngster, I use to watch Star Blazers (the American version), which I greatly loved.

goodduck

Taking a break from my freelance job to address the frame a bit. I don't see anymore mistake, so I think the structure is good to go. I am not doing my usual triangular tube frame this time and think I may have overkill again or not enough :D Next, when I have time, I will address the cradle to make it stronger.

68.jpg69.jpg70.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You won't regret tht strong frame. Lots of places to glue the hull too. Looks fantastic!! :)

t.l.williamsjr

Allan:
I've either missed or you haven't made the news as to whether or not this model's kit/schematic will be available freely here or if it is going to be for sale. Sorry to have to ask about this.

BTW, this is looking to be one of the great SF models in either paper or plastic, and thankfully not a repeat of ST, SW, S199, Disney models.

TomW.

Taking a break from my freelance job to address the frame a bit. I don't see anymore mistake, so I think the structure is good to go. I am not doing my usual triangular tube frame this time and think I may have overkill again or not enough :D Next, when I have time, I will address the cradle to make it stronger.

View attachment 178847View attachment 178848View attachment 178849
[/QUOTE]

goodduck

Allan:
I've either missed or you haven't made the news as to whether or not this model's kit/schematic will be available freely here or if it is going to be for sale. Sorry to have to ask about this.

BTW, this is looking to be one of the great SF models in either paper or plastic, and thankfully not a repeat of ST, SW, S199, Disney models.

TomW.

View attachment 178847View attachment 178848View attachment 178849
[/QUOTE]
If I get it done, most likely I will release it in my blog. I don't have the copyright to sell it, but I happily accept a donation in any amount - if I ever finish.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
These illustrations look AMAZING!!!
I like the look of the cradle. It will really complement the ship.

t.l.williamsjr

Allen
and others. While examining the schematics, I got the idea that this would be a great model to stiffen by use of blue foam block fitted and shaped to provide the hull / surface shape and provide a good way to enable paper to have a backing on a stiffer base than we usually provide in paper models. Any ideas, folks?
Allen:
I think you have prepared/are preparing what will be a model that rivals any of the noted designers of paper models. Many, many kudos, my friend.

TomW.