SpaceBattleship Yamato 2199 ~ 2202

Feb 8, 2004
Allen
and others. While examining the schematics, I got the idea that this would be a great model to stiffen by use of blue foam block fitted and shaped to provide the hull / surface shape and provide a good way to enable paper to have a backing on a stiffer base than we usually provide in paper models. Any ideas, folks?
Allen:
I think you have prepared/are preparing what will be a model that rivals any of the noted designers of paper models. Many, many kudos, my friend.

TomW.

Reactions: zathros

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
Wow, you really modeling this down to the "Nitty Gritty". Great.

This thread is now in "Renders and Illustrations". Enjoy the view, that what this section is about, you can see a master and pick his brain. This thread is for posting of "Renders and Illustrations", not the promise of expectation of a model being released. Designers can look at other designers work and learn, or offer suggestions (I recommend being well versed in modeling, in this case). ;)

Last edited:

beuch

Feb 18, 2018
it's crazy work, congratulations it's beautiful!
I can not wait to see him in real life. ;)

thegreek270

Aug 7, 2010
Greece
hi goodduck,

what a huge effort on your side to this model. Congratulations for your patience.
I can't wait to see this one getting build.

continue the great work please.

zathros

-----SENIOR----
Administrator
Apr 6, 2013
In regards to stiffening, I have found, as Alen hass, that the box stiffeners really hold up excellently. I think this is because allthe endges are glued and you are forming this solid little cubes and rectables with hardened edges. What I don't like about fom board, is that the foam is not "Structural foam". it is open celled usually, and over time, I have seem any foam panels bend. This is because the foam is not stiff enough and as the paper loosines it tensile strength due to moisture, the sheet bends. Now, if structural foat were used, you could just fill up the hull with it in liquid form, paint the whole ship with water proof paint, and it would float in water. :)

Reactions: Cybergrinder