Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The Jupiter 2 just has that shape and style everyone loves. I've seen accurate variations, even drawn some up in Rhino, with a full second level, and it still looks good. It is a staple of Sci-Fi. ;)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
messed around with some colored oven bake clay. King Kong Trex. The Eyes are wrong, they should be lower, more towards the upper lip. Owell try again.

Attachments

• king kong TREX2.JPG
    king kong TREX2.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 11

spaceagent-9

I can't pull pics off my phone for some reason, and this cam I use does whatever the evil spirits in it decides the flash should do. But I will try.

spaceagent-9

You know you're a paper modeller when,...'' You have cut out models waiting to be built and you can't find your latest fancy, so you reprint them etc,... you know the drill, that's where I am at the present. 1701-D, 1701 by Ron C, and several color schemes of Klingon D7s and a couple of K'Tingas. The bell I finally have desinged and gotten right, by cutting and piecing together as for the curves, only a few more adjustments left on it. Here is my first try;

1656358393154.png

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
You know you're a paper modeller when,...'' You have cut out models waiting to be built and you can't find your latest fancy, so you reprint them etc,... you know the drill, that's where I am at the present. 1701-D, 1701 by Ron C, and several color schemes of Klingon D7s and a couple of K'Tingas. The bell I finally have desinged and gotten right, by cutting and piecing together as for the curves, only a few more adjustments left on it. Here is my first try;

View attachment 203873

That is the best primary hull of a D-7 that I have ever seen done in paper! Inspiring!

How did you get those seamless curves!!!???

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Well, its the best primary hull I have ever seen in paper. Very well veneered!

Some time, you'll have to provide a build thread of the rounded bulb and how you hid the seems.

What model did you use for the folding of the paper?

Great work!

spaceagent-9

A little diddy I worked on in my spare time. The entire model was spray glued and a lightweight black paper was applied on the back side of the prints.
This seemed to be a logical way to stop the bleed thru and light leak problem, but now I think that simply making light boxes is the best way. Black window sealing strips for winterizing the house might be the best medium for these light boxes, as the foam compresses and can be stuck with the sticky side it comes as, to anywhere inside the model. It also compresses so it doesn't need to be trimmed to fit extensively.

1659813986168.png

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Heavy black construction paper, or even thin blacl ABS sheet can be used to make light boxes. they can then be lined with chrome foil or just aluminum foil for increased reflectivity.