Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
The way the leds bounced wasn't satisfactory. I need to have an opaque material instead of clear or translucent. When I show it lit up you will see. I will be working on a large Excelsior, a lot of corrections are required when a small model is enlarged. Plus the materials need to change or maybe cardboard reinforcements or wire coat hangers kind of thing. Including lasers and sounds is cool, but a lot of adjustments need to be made, light blocking etc... also a stand that is satisfactory and that means finding a lack box or plastic something for one.

You might try a spray Frost from maybe Michael's or the like...Adds a frosted finish to the inside of the globe...I set up several with it, used split shell globes for making your own x-mas ornaments then mounted a solar multi color-changing LED light in it... and mounted on carved tree branches. Looked great scattered across the front intrance.

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Just a couple more things, im still sizing and adjusting Ron's 1701 for the electronics. That's Jan Rucker's shipwreck Icarus I made into an escape from the planet of the apes Icarus or the spaceship from the TV series
.100_1666 - Copy.JPG100_1667.JPG

spaceagent-9

Thanks, I am working on the other one, hopefully less dents. My old Escape from the Planet of the Apes Icarus, [Taylor's spaceship]- with some mods on the windows and the nose, the smaller wing thrusters angles in better and the aft landing shield modified a little. The nose bridge also was turned around to be wider at the bottom and more accurate. the hatch re-drawn.100_1680.JPG

spaceagent-9

Knocked out these two small ships. working on RC's enlarged 1701 recolor, figuring out how to make the secondary hull back section re-enforced. Might be using a coathanger shaped in a V___ with a tail bent horizontally for support. Also I want to make those colored lights on the face of the fantail under the shuttle bay doors I might just use reflective tape or plastic. and the lit up dome above. I am thinking of black paper strips around the window ports as light blockers, and then insert a low level light white LED in Styrofoam small bricks to lessen the bounce lighting. Also only lighting up the starboard side of the ship like the studio model was lit up. Not sure yet. On the daedalus I used orange lens caps that were ribbed, and I also suggest cutting out the strip lines so there is no black lines at all on the ball part. I messed up the 1701-a saucer rim and just thru in a strip around it. i used that pearlescent business card paper and it turned out cool.

daedalus and 1701-a.jpg

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
figuring out how to make the secondary hull back section re-enforced. Might be using a coathanger shaped in a V___ with a tail bent horizontally for support.
Hmm...I think I would laminate a "V" out of mat board, it's already close to 2mm thick. It could be added to the horizontal section and then the "V" sections could be extended into the nacelles.

Attachments

• cover01.jpg
    cover01.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 6

spaceagent-9

I like your matte board idea! I will consider that for another build I am going to start soon. Cutting out pieces for the 1:1 hero prop Spindrift .