Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Finished off almost all the smaller detail parts. the nacelle hydrogen collector domes are a little small [gumball bubbles] so I might have to press mold some or find something else. Just one more detail to get finished before some component assembly and that's the nacelle inner surface chiller exhaust screen. Ron Caudillo authored this model at a smaller size, and also gave an option for that long thin grill to be indented inside the cylinder wall. So that's what im doing on this one.

100_1647.JPG

spaceagent-9

Well, learned something, if you are going to indent the nacelle grills, you need to severely roll the tube and then cut out the grill slit. If you dont, then you will get ripples along the edge and your tubish cylinder shape will have segment folds running lengthwise down it.

spaceagent-9

Thanks! gumball domes from a 25 cents machine. the large ones. if these dont work out, I will press mold into gold plastic picnic plates, measuring spoons to get close to the right size.

spaceagent-9

The clear dome gumball didnt work out. So I am going to make a gold one or a white one with press molding. The bounce lighting was satisfactory but either white or gold or even red works fine. More procedures of needles into my nerves starting tomorrow. Hopefully I can exchange my ink, get the plastic in gold, and a few other things and start on it Friday. I really want to make a large Excelsior or Stargazer next. I mean 2 feet or longer, opinions?

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Either but the Excelsior that large would be sweet.

Why did the plastic gumboil covers not work? That seemed like a great idea?

spaceagent-9

The way the leds bounced wasn't satisfactory. I need to have an opaque material instead of clear or translucent. When I show it lit up you will see. I will be working on a large Excelsior, a lot of corrections are required when a small model is enlarged. Plus the materials need to change or maybe cardboard reinforcements or wire coat hangers kind of thing. Including lasers and sounds is cool, but a lot of adjustments need to be made, light blocking etc... also a stand that is satisfactory and that means finding a lack box or plastic something for one.

spaceagent-9

Went to WHATS NEW then scrolled down until I found my build thread.
I guess that I have finished uploading Rawen's micro ships enlarged and recolored.
They are easy to build and are bigger, easier to light and also can be enlarged even more if so you please to.
Now I have managed to make a dome by push molding into heated a plastic picnic plate, a fishing bobber or float, the red and white ball kind. so now worked out a rotating bounce lighting unit in amber light. so it looks like the lines are rotating and its cheap and easy made from a bling jewelry piece.
Soon I will be back on schedule.
Since May I have been recovering from being hit by a texting young lady and my neck and spine have 5 discs crushing nerves again.
So I am getting injections into those nerves with no sedation. I have paid for my minor sins, believe me. The pain is over the top and around the corner. 8 stabs and then they wiggle them around and dig them into the bone to anchor the steroids and pain killers. 2 test runs to see if it works to stop the pain, then they use a radio wave to burn out that part of the nerve. lasts indefinitely, most people get about 3 months of pain relief out of it.
I have stopped eating more than about 3-4 servings of wheat to alleviate the horrible leprous blisters I get from being allergic to wheat after 55 years of pretty damn healthy. Been capt. scarlet'd many times, but at age 58 I'm not getting up as fast as I used to.
Believe me, those who have wheat allergies or otherwise, are not making a big deal out of nothing, its real and severe.
So I have been working a little on the paper models and watching old movies and such. It's cooling off fast, so when it drops down below 100' I am going to try to work up to walking a few miles everyday.
My next project is the 40 inch Spindrift from Land of the Giants. I have enlarged and modified Gary Pilsworth's free paper model and will use that either as a template, or as the actual pages over poster paper. No interior as of yet. BUT.... I have seen an attempt being made to publish a interior for a 40 inch 3D printed model, with is pretty cool. they cost about 2000 bucks and come in pieces like a model kit. They do take a payment plan, but you are looking at quite a bit for shipping.
I have printed that green stng romulan warbird up to about 16inches across on a thicker than usual green cardstock. I will be lighting that up green engines, green laser weapon and yellow window ports, altho I am beginning to think that those are not windows, but rather some kind of space pressure compensation ports. ????? then I am pretty interested in the wulf111 Nev'gar klingon. wulf111 has a couple of really cool stng rom warbirds, but I need to build a few before enlarging to 2 feet or more across. That's it for now. Enjoy the last of this summer!

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am glad to hear that you are still going to b around here. I am sorry to hear about the shots. I can imagine just how painful those would be.
As for the wheat allergy, I fully understand. Wheat effects my sinuses. So, I sniffle quite a bit. I sound like I have a constant cold all the time. For the most part I ignore it and eat wheat anyways.
As for the Spindrift, I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I fully understand to whole thing of wanting something to use as a guild for the interior. I have a resin model of the Buck Rogers Warhawk (with cockpit interior), I want to use the interior of that one as a guide to make an interior for @ThunderChild's Warhawk model.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

spaceagent-9

As for the wheat allergy, I fully understand. Wheat effects my sinuses. So, I sniffle quite a bit. I sound like I have a constant cold all the time. For the most part I ignore it and eat wheat anyways.

I never even knew about that with the sinus's being affected!
I had a severe sinus condition last week after my shots.
It was so painful. I snorted some whiskey in a sinus spray bottle over a day or too and the toothache like pain went away.

spaceagent-9

I made a modification to Rawen's Klingon bird of prey, I will just post it here, you can color match it or enlarge it, if you need help doing that just message me and I will send the file. Thanks.

Attachments

• klingon med bop 2 mod 9152019.png
    klingon med bop 2 mod 9152019.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 6

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
"I have printed that green stng romulan warbird up to about 16inches across on a thicker than usual green cardstock. I will be lighting that up green engines, green laser weapon and yellow window ports, altho I am beginning to think that those are not windows, but rather some kind of space pressure compensation ports. ?????"

Which are you speaking about?

spaceagent-9

Those little windows on the bird head and aft fin. I have heard people in those modeling forums that they think its some kind of either field modulators or external space pressure compensators.

Last edited: