Spaceagent-9 2017 build pic threads

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
All done!!!
no just connect the halves, and assemble the three sections, [Top , Middle and Bottom ] and I will settle the red laser issue. Maybe a magnet in the ship to connect it, or bury it inside the vessel and then have --a tube the back end of the laser will slide into, connected to the stand--? Not sure yet.

100_1601.JPG Shadow_Battlecrab_-_lower_deck_preview_featured.jpg Shadow_Battlecrab_-_upper_deck_preview_featured.jpg Shadow_Battlecrab_-_whole_post_preview_featured.jpg

spaceagent-9

100_1622.JPG The Klingon bell just seems to be the same problem all the time I try. visible seams all over the piece. So I will go with Wulf111's version, with a little tilt in it to suite me, it is the best version. A double size original on the Shadow Spider should hide the laser sufficiently, and be easier to build.

spaceagent-9

Got my blue lasers for Ron's giant recolor. They are blueberry purple, not pinkpurple just for anyone's interest. Now the cutting begins. Rolled tubes for support, black paper light boxes with stencils for window. White and translucent plastic for shields and domes. Duel support tubes on the stiff black take home box stand.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome, please, list where you got the laser diode assembly from and a diagram of the circuit, if you wouldn't mind. It could help many people. :)

spaceagent-9

I seem to have lost all my photos on this thread, and the last few posts I have made were simply photos. Any idea why?

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
As I posted, we lost 6 weeks of data, we got screwed by Tapatalk. There is nothing that can be done. Sorry.

spaceagent-9

Ok thanks I will try to repost. Not sure why i didnt see your posts on this Zathros, now i can, sorry I was one more irritating what happened post.

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Believe me, I was irritated too. It's all good. :)

spaceagent-9

For those like me, I simply go to WHATS NEW and read all the relevant new posts.
Then I go to the bell icon upper right and see if there are any replies to my postings.

Here is a few pics of my recent build., Ron's tos 1701 recolor 200x enlargement, U.S.S. Enterprise.
I will try to repost any thing ive missed since the change over.

100_1630.JPG

spaceagent-9

The lasers I got off ebay, I simply searched blue laser diode module. A couple hundred came up and I picked the cheapest one. Lasers come in red, blue and green. keychain memo record units also can be used for sound, simply wire the leds or laser to the speaker + and ground-.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You model build quality has improved so much. It really shows. It's inspirational. :)

spaceagent-9

Working up a side project for a dino build, floral foam. I guess you have to cut blocks and shape with sand paper and a knife and then rod together and glue, then as you add pieces on, you want to have the primary pieces almost done. When everything is attached, detail with special putty. Also you will want coat hanger level wire for the armature in between primary form halves, glued into place before starting any detail, and wither tied to a screw that is anchored into a wooden base or stabbed into it. Lots of youtube videos on this, will show work on this later.