Skyfighter from "V" The Series

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you sir! It was a fun easy build! The thing that I liked about the ship design, was that it was modular. The two hulls could separate and a cargo transport section or troop transport section could be fitted in between the two hulls.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Tacit Blue was a precursor to all "Modern" stealth aircraft. It cot rid of the "Facets" of the F-117, and introduced blended curves.
Newer computer technology, the "Cray" computers, allowed compound curves to be modeled with results that would be readily available. The earlier computers would have worked, but may have taken 30 years to give you a line. It is said these computers would have been equal to over 30,000 home computers in their computing ability. This is a 1980's model. The new ones are beginning almost sentient type A.I. ;)

C0099201-Cray_X-MP_supercomputer,_1980s.jpg

Chuffy70

A fine little build with memories of the t.v show floating about in my head - I guess the large prop they had does not exist any more?

Lovely curves to this ship, what kind of former do you use to achieve your sleek look?

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice!! I remember in the series the ships modular looked like they could be reconfigured, maybe add longer sections, if needed. It was a well thought out design. Reminds me of "Tacit Blue", which was the prototype for the B2 Stealth bomber. ;)

View attachment 203696
That looks like the Seaview submarine from "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea"!