Sacral architecture

mikezax

Sacral architecture

here I will occasionally add various sacral architecture - bell towers, chapels, churches...

Lutiše - bell towers (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:100
Author : Jaroslav Jablonský
Source : Vystrihovačky-papierové modely (Perfekt)

...nice bell tower from the village of Lutiše from 2009, Real photo:

Lutisa xIMG_8883.jpg

...a few photos:

DSCN3663.jpgDSCN3670.jpgDSCN3673.jpgDSCN3678.jpg

Last edited:

mikezax

Thanx ;)

Lodno - bell towers (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:??
Author : Jaroslav Jablonský
Source : Vystrihovačky-papierové modely (Perfekt)

In the north of Slovakia lies the village of Lodno, there is built this nice bell tower, which is over 200 years old, the bell was cast in 1805, the bell tower was declared a Cultural Heritage Monument of Slovakia in 1997. Real photo:

Lodno xDSC_5511.jpg

My edits:
I carved windows and doors according to a real build, I added a bell and a rope, I made a simple pad, a few photos:

DSCN3696.jpgDSCN3699.jpgDSCN3704.jpgDSCN3733.jpg

mikezax

Chapel of St. Anna, Mojš v.1 (Slovakia)

Scale : 1:100
Author : Michal Vršanský
Source : free model, The new version can be downloaded here:
https://papermodelers.sk/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=6989

Chapel from the village of Mojš (near the town of Žilina, Slovakia) It is a neo-Gothic building from 1923. Photo of the real building:

xIMG_5518.jpg

The Building without modifications, added pad and figures, a few photos :

DSCN4457.JPGDSCN4465.jpgDSCN4473.jpgDSCN4476.jpg

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Beautiful! The figures add a lot of scale and impact to that little scene. :)

mikezax

Thanx :)

Chapel of St. Anny in the village Kysuca, village Drabsko

Scale: 1: 100
Author: Michal Vršanský, Tomáš Hrebík
Publisher: free model, download here:

...another addition to the series of sacred architecture is this beautiful chapel. Photo of the real building:

11041224_829803767069526_4344836665410663402_o.jpg

Model built more, less without modifications, I just made my own fence, added grass and the figure ...

I added a Dacia Duster car model-free model, download here:

DSCN4720.jpg

Finally, a few final photos:

DSCN4734.jpgDSCN4738.jpgDSCN4739.jpgDSCN4740.jpgDSCN4745.jpgDSCN4781.jpgDSCN4788.jpgDSCN4793.jpg

mikezax

Wayside shrine at Vyšehrad, Prague, Czech Republic

Scale: 1:40 (A4)
Author: Tomáš Hrebík
Publisher: free model, download here:
https://papermodelers.sk/viewtopic.php?f=154&t=6989

...another addition to the series of sacred architecture is this trifle. A few words about the real building:Wayside shrine is from the 17th century, mosaics of saints from the 20th century.
The model was built more, less without modifications, I just added grass and a figure to enliven it ...Photo of the real building and model:
pha2-vysehrad_morovy-sloup110930_008.jpgDSCN5309.jpgDSCN5324.jpgDSCN5334.jpgDSCN5337.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
I like these as well, and your work captures thier look quite well.

mikezax

Thanx, but this is just such a small thing glued in one evening ... whenever I need to start a little in gluing after a long break, I reach for such a small thing ;)

mikezax

Church of St. Michael the Archangel (Slovakia)

Scale: 1:120
Author: Mgr. Juraj Gonšor
Publisher: SVAP

I am adding another church, a few words about the original:

e16045656.jpg

Dražovský kostolík (officially the Church of St. Michael the Archangel) is one of the oldest churches in Slovakia, dating from the 11th century, located at Dražovce (now part of Nitra). It is a typical early Romanesque architecture single nave building with thick enclosure walls and small roundish apse. It is no longer used. Research from 1947 and 1948 discovered 55 graves around the church.

Model built without modifications, I just added grass and a few figures of sheep ... a few photos:

DSCN5363.jpgDSCN5367.jpgDSCN5374.jpgDSCN5382.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Church of St. Michael the Archangel (Slovakia)

Scale: 1:120
Author: Mgr. Juraj Gonšor
Publisher: SVAP

I am adding another church, a few words about the original:

View attachment 191801

Dražovský kostolík (officially the Church of St. Michael the Archangel) is one of the oldest churches in Slovakia, dating from the 11th century, located at Dražovce (now part of Nitra). It is a typical early Romanesque architecture single nave building with thick enclosure walls and small roundish apse. It is no longer used. Research from 1947 and 1948 discovered 55 graves around the church.

Model built without modifications, I just added grass and a few figures of sheep ... a few photos:

View attachment 191802View attachment 191803View attachment 191804View attachment 191805
It's sad it's no longer used, even if just had a Ark with the Sacrament inside, so people could pray in it. It truly is a beautiful building, and to have survived all the history that happened around it is a blessing. ;)

mikezax

At present, the church is not used regularly, the Holy Mass is celebrated here every year on September 29, the feast day of St. Archangel Michael.
Just for the sake of interest, this interesting church was depicted on a Slovak 100 crown banknote issued in 1941 and 50 crowns from 1993. ;)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
At present, the church is not used regularly, the Holy Mass is celebrated here every year on September 29, the feast day of St. Archangel Michael.
Just for the sake of interest, this interesting church was depicted on a Slovak 100 crown banknote issued in 1941 and 50 crowns from 1993. ;)

If Mass is still held there, even yearly, that means the church is still consecrated Holy Ground! Very cool! Outposts against evil! :)