S.H.I.E.L.D HELICARRIER

gogu13

Gogu
Hello everyone.

although I've been a member on this forum from 2009, i think it's time to start sharing some of my models.
This is my latest build - the S.H.I.E.L.D HELICARRIER. The scale is 1:800 and the template can be found HERE.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_6431.jpg
    IMG_6431.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6432.jpg
    IMG_6432.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6433.jpg
    IMG_6433.jpg
    252.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6434_resize.JPG
    IMG_6434_resize.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6435_resize.jpg
    IMG_6435_resize.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6436_resize.jpg
    IMG_6436_resize.jpg
    272.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6437_resize.JPG
    IMG_6437_resize.JPG
    266.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6438_resize.jpg
    IMG_6438_resize.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6439_resize.JPG
    IMG_6439_resize.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_6440_resize.JPG
    IMG_6440_resize.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6441_resize.jpg
    IMG_6441_resize.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6442_resize.jpg
    IMG_6442_resize.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 40

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OH BOY, THIS IS FANTASTIC!!! You really should post your models more often. ;) They look awesome! Of course, a build report woud be even better (HINT - HINT ;) ). Just give it a try, you don't need to be afraid about it! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You did a FANTASTIC JOB on this project!
To echo my esteemed @Revell-Fan, build threads are a great way to show off your skills and talents, as well as highlight certain problem areas that you may need help with or that you have found a solution for. So, I too would like to encourage you to post build threads. If you feel that you need help with it we are more than happy to help you.
Once again OUTSTANDING!!!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Holy Cow!! That is one Heluva model!!! I had to make this a "Sticky" for a while, so it doesn't get lost!! Fantastic! :)

gogu13

Gogu
Hi guys,

thanks for your king words.
i tried to document the build but i gave up early, mainly because the build took a bit too long (i started it in November last year) and i haven't had the time and will :)() to work every day and get it done faster - but i will try for my next model (maybe even a timelapse of the build).

@zathros - i don't have a website but i will link my FB page where i posted some more models, which i will also post here, in the near future.

Have a wonderfull day!!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Thank You for posting your model. It's a great balance of model vs. ridiculous overkill. This is a model people will build. Excellent job. You could put your "Hobbyspot" link in your signature, if you wish. The site you're hosting you work on now. You could host them here, if you wish, and if you upload anything, you can remove it, without asking permission or giving a reason. We host the models of many designers, so they don't have to spend money on a website. Upload your models here, and I'll make a section for your work exclusively. :)

starbuck

Oh man, wonderfull and very clean build!
And as Revell-Fan said it would be very interesting to see the development of such a build.
A building thread gives the possibility to discuss and to ask questions - which is very useful
for learing for beginners. Many ideas for improving my skills, I discovered in building thread discussions.
So please keep on posting.

starbuck

Hey @starbuck , long time no see! :)
You are right long time since I posted a comment. But I never lost connection.
Always checking my favorite threads e.g. "Launch when ready" ;)
At the moment I am closely watching the rebuild of the Viper of Raven - fantastic build, isn´t it?

Simply said - in Summer there is unfortunately less time for me to sit in front of my laptop. But later on I will start building again - but
first I have to finish all the open tasks outside.

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
WOW! I've seen this model but these photos make me want to build one. How large is it when finished?

paper hollywood

WOW! I've seen this model but these photos make me want to build one. How large is it when finished?

Based on the photo of the guy holding the unfinished main body in his hand, I'd guess it's a good 20"-24" when finished, but that's just off the top of my head. Anyway, it's a fantastic design. Be sure to look around the site for this fellow's other designs, such as the Avatar gunship and the Raiders flying wing. This guy's really good.

Lee Clifton

Wisdom and Kindness, A Zealot Sage
Based on the photo of the guy holding the unfinished main body in his hand, I'd guess it's a good 20"-24" when finished, but that's just off the top of my head. Anyway, it's a fantastic design. Be sure to look around the site for this fellow's other designs, such as the Avatar gunship and the Raiders flying wing. This guy's really good.
Thanks! I've been thinking of building this one over the winter.
Lee

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
:iagree: Me too watched the development of this on his website and wanted to build it but I haven't ever
had the time, to build any of the models I downloaded from him.:(

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I think he struck a great balance of detail, and build-ability. One could take it up a notch, the capability is there, but it's not necessary. ;)

dirkpitt289

I ran across this kit a while ago and fell in love with it instantly, but it is WAY outta my skill range. You did a magnificent job with it. BRAVO!

gogu13

Gogu
I ran across this kit a while ago and fell in love with it instantly, but it is WAY outta my skill range. You did a magnificent job with it. BRAVO!

sorry for the late comeback.

nothing is out of your league, trust me. i used to say that a lot in the past. the kit seems overwhelming but it's consisted of relatively simple shapes (nothing to fancy).

i do not consider myself the best modeler even after 10 years of doing this (i still have a lot of flaws in my models) but the main difference between a simple and a complex kit is usually the level of details which (IMHO) are usually simple shapes (although a of of them). you won't be able to say that huge steps are accomplished after every session of cutting/gluing and the overall build might take weeks, even months (although i still have models started more than 3 years ago which still await completion).

it took me around a year to complete this model - not due to its difficulty, but due to the lack of time. sometimes i was thinking that i want to see the model finished and i really didn't had the nerves to keep working on it, but i continued to do so and i finally managed to finish it; and the feeling is awesome.

what you can do is start a "difficult" model and work on it, but keep doing simpler models in the mean time (when you want to build simpler/quicker models but don't have the mind set to focus on the "difficult" one) so you keep your interest in papermodeling - this is my approach. it will take some time to complete it but the wait will be worth every minute spent building it.

so get your blade moving and don't give up ;)