Rogue one Tie Striker design thread

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I should have suggested this earlier, next model, once you waterformed the shape onto that plug, you could have used modelers putting, and once dried, sanded thepieces clean and smooth. When your fabricating at this level, you can do all kinds of things that can't be done if you are trying to save the printed graphics. It's coming out really really nice! :)

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Thank you Zathros. Thats the thing I want to keep the printed graphics so other people can make this model. Yust trying to find a good way to preform the sphere.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@DanBKing to the rescue:

He is from the Netherlands, too. Thinking about it, I don't know where exactly he and you live. Maybe you are neighbours not knowing from each other. ;)

The wing mounts are awesome! :)

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Thank you both. Dan and I live verry clossely. He lives in Haarlem thats a 20 min. drive for me. Its to bad he isn't online any more. I wander how he is doing!

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
oke one week ended up in two weeks. Work and family took more time from me. But heres the update. I worked on the bottom plate and the laser gun. I think it fits and looks better then the previous one.
20220521_163749.jpg20220521_163803.jpg20220521_163820.jpg
Only some smal changes on the wing support and then start to coller all parts and make some greeblings. So this is the end for the alpha build. Almost forgot I still have to find a way to fit uhu's interior. catch you all later.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
What you have thus far looks really good!
To address the issue of fitting the cockpit interior, before you attach the cockpit dome, attach the cockpit interior to the inside of the dome, then attach the dome to the rest of the body (then add the rest of the greebles).

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
This is the probem that I have with the interrior.

20220527_202136.jpg
You can look inside the fuselage so I have to find a way to close the gabs. I started with rear dome and I think I found a nice fix. I have to thank Rhaven and RF for helping me fixing this problem.I added a hatch plate and fill ring on top of the interior.
20220527_201347.jpg20220527_201422.jpg20220527_201440.jpg
I closed the original window with a screen as shown in the second image. It will be the bomber screen. Next up is the front dome and interior.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
I feel so stupid looking for a dificult solution to fit the interior. :hammerhead:
After burning lots of hours just before tonights coffee break I had a brainfart.
Why not mount the interior in the sameway as the tie interceptor. Yep thats the way it supposed tobe fitted on to the sphere.
20220528_200104.jpg
O boy why did I not think right away to mount it like this. O well I will glue it tomorow and see if I need to make some corrections on the dome. Have a nice weekend.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Very nice!! Great build thread you have going here. ;)