RC BSG Landram project

stilgarhammer

Hello everyone,
I have decided to build a Special RC Landram from the classic battlestar galactica TV show.

I will be using a Spygear ATV-360 toy as a starting point.

About the ATV-360..
ATV 360 Spy Gear Spy Video by Wild Planet. It isn’t just having a fun toy, but also improves a child’s motorskills by learning to navigate the device. Spy Gear ATV 360 is a real spy video off roading vehicle. It is radio-controlled and the range is about 10m through brick walls in the house. It has an audio feed that transmits wirelessly to a earbud. You are actually getting three toys in one: The RC tank itself which does a good job of getting over obstacles such as clothes, toys, and rugs on the floor. A spy camera which allows you to see what the toy is seeing though a head set. Also it has an electric ear.

Back to the project..
The Landram body is made from sheet styrene plastic. A special idea is to reuse the ATV-360's B & W cam. I will be placing it behind the driver windshield. Connect the video receiver, (part of the control transmitter), to a video monitor, (tv), and you will see what the driver would see in you were in his chair. It will have lights as well. Size will be roughly 13" (33 cm) long, 8" (20 cm)wide, and 6" (15 cm)tall.

My next post will be of the modding of the ATV-360 toy to ready it for the new body.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking forward to this! PM me if the plans for the Landram have to be re-scaled.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have both my attention and interest on this project.
I am curious as to how this will turn out.
Good luck with it.

stilgarhammer

I have made a bit of progress on the ram project. Minor setbacks of weather (its been in the 20's here) and family. So here I will show what progress has been made. The chassis has been set on hold until weather temp comes up to at least 40. I still have many details to add to the body but the overall shape is done. Many thanks to Revell-Fan for the extra pics and the ID plate.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
WOW, you are fast, man! :drag1:

Your Ram looks terrific! However, is there a way to increase the size of the photos? When I click on a link the pic is VEEERY small.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
You are doing a GREAT job so far.

BTW, I did a detailed build on the LR. If you would like to use the thread as a build guide, here is the link: http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172151

If you have any questions about the techniques that I used, please feel free to ask, and I will help you out any way that I can.

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm curious... Do you intend to put all of the 20.000 rivets on it, too?

stilgarhammer

Added more details.

Currently working on the bumps over the windshield on the roof, the round vent on the back, and the hood thing.

Question.. the half round detail on the drivers side hood, is that 1 piece or 3 pieces?

When these are done, I would say major details are done and clean up begins to ready for paint

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
You are really doing a GREAT job on this. It is looking REALLY GOOD!!!
To answer your question, I am not certain. If I had to guess, I would say that it is three pieces that are placed close together (to where they are touching and look like one).
Although, I think that Revell-fan would know better then I would on that.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The part consists of three elements.

Attachments

• VIDEO_TS (title 0 ch 4 frame 51368)aa.jpg
    VIDEO_TS (title 0 ch 4 frame 51368)aa.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 53

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The top edge tappers to the body but it does not line up with it completely. There is a little step.

stilgarhammer

major detailing is done, just need to do minor tweaks and small details.

here are a couple more pics. hopfully by this weekend I will have a vid of it moving around.

stilgarhammer

test vid of landram :mrgreen::thumb:
body still needs to be mounted, lights and cam installed.
and a few more details.

Note to self, replace batterys BEFORE next vid !!! wall1

[YOUTUBE]_dmZNjeGeiQ[/YOUTUBE]

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
OUTSTANDING, simply OUTSTANDING!!!
It looks like the test run was a resounding SUCCESS!!!
KUDOS to you for a FINE JOB WELL DONE!!!

It is interesting that you played the theme to "A-Team" and not BSG (TOS).
Does that mean that you are going to paint it in "A-TEAM" colours, or are you going to paint it in standard BSG colours?

I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.