PT-91 Twardy 1:16 GPM

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Just out of curiosity, how do you cut that thick board for the formers? The structure looks really strong. I am interested as I do ship hulls and sometimes use a scroll saw. What you are doing looks much cleaner.

josve

Just out of curiosity, how do you cut that thick board for the formers? The structure looks really strong. I am interested as I do ship hulls and sometimes use a scroll saw. What you are doing looks much cleaner.
I only use lasercuts theese days....maybe I got lazy :), so I get laserparts if available for the model. saves a lot of time and cutting.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I don't blame you. That option in the U.S. is far too expensive. It's hard cutting 1 mm board, hard on the tools, and hard on your fingers! :)

josve

I don't blame you. That option in the U.S. is far too expensive. It's hard cutting 1 mm board, hard on the tools, and hard on your fingers! :)

Its expencive here too, but imho its worth it :) saves your hands and tools from a lot of damage...

josve

So the build have started....
With buildgroup1 the hull. I did of course get the laserparts for this model :) and it seems like the partsfit is very good here. Havent been able to find english instructions for this model...so I make it in a slow pace with a lot of research....but there seems to be very few builds out there of this model.
Ok..enough said, on to the build. A lot of frames here, and I did some custom stiffeners to assure a 90degree angle between the formers.

Top and bottom view

And a side view.

Next will be the drivers department :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You can get Carpel Tunnel Syndrome frome cutting heavy stuff like that too much, and forget about the blisters!! :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
f that's an indication of what's coming, this is going to be one beauty. That fire extinguisher came out superb!! :)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Nice wear and tear, I like that a lot. Oh, now they includes driver - fits perfectly :)

Merry christmas to you.

josve

Hello! happy new year to all of you :)

Drivers cabin is done..a lot of work for almost nothing since the inside will nearly be visible through the drivers hatch..

Plenty of details inside the cabin

Continued skinning the beast...

The fit of the skin is not the best I have seen...but its good enough with some help with trimming and paint..

The front part. A lot of parts and details on this side of the tank...Also started to build up the underside of the hull. The shafts and other parts.

Rear and the front plate that will be stuffed with parts...

The front plate...and the drawing

Mounted...and the driver in place :)

Next update in about 14 days :)
Taking a trip to my house in spain next week :)

josve

Wheels...
Had to try to make one of the roadwheels. Oh my...what a timeconsuming job it was on this model. Used about 4 hours to make half a wheel :)
It contains a lot of parts as you can see of the drawing.

Its a lot of nice details. Also did some weathering...or accident if you like :)

This kit is really a massive one, and will take some time to finish :)
But as I see it..the pleasure with this hobby is so great that the time does not count.
So lets continue with the wheels..

Im not used to this type of drawings so I use a bit of time to study parts and drawings...And have not found any buildreports of this kit that are much helpful..so I struggle on :)

More next week :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
That's one big ass tank!! That wheel is outstanding!! ;)