PT-91 Twardy 1:16 GPM

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
That is one nice wheel. Looking good..It is not till you get to the tracks that you start to get that feeling of , "What have I done to myself"? I LOVE tracked vehicles..but I am hesitant to start another as I know "the tracks are on there way"!

josve

That is one nice wheel. Looking good..It is not till you get to the tracks that you start to get that feeling of , "What have I done to myself"? I LOVE tracked vehicles..but I am hesitant to start another as I know "the tracks are on there way"!
Yes I know :) but with lasertracks on my hand it will be easier to do...not cutting at all :)

josve

I have decided to make the tank in several sections. First section to be finished is the underside of the hull.
The part isA bulldozer blade is mounted on the T-72's nose and can be deployed to dig firing positions or clear debris.
Drawing tells me the number of parts is 50..

The drawing

The top side is laminated to 1mm lasercut part :) Just have to say that the laserpackage for this tank is really huge!!! Almost complete covering of 1 and o,5mm parts.
Not very strange it was pricy :)
Another neat thing with this model is the 1:1 drawing. A lot of them :) As you can see here, the finished part is placed on the drawing.

Next was to start making the cylinders. Pretty straight forward building here.

A lot of bulbes or some halftubedshaped parts on the underside

Im not sure what this is for parts...maybe someone can enlighten me??
Managed to delete the picture of the finished parts..will do another soon :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
I am always (both) impressed and amazed with the work that you do (this is no exception). I greatly enjoy watching your build threads. They inspire me and I learn new ideas and techniques throughout each one.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your threads are so informative. You honor us showing how you make these masterpieces, and we learn much from it, instead of thinking, "I could never do that", you leave us with "This is how you do that". That is just plain great!! ;)

josve

Your threads are so informative. You honor us showing how you make these masterpieces, and we learn much from it, instead of thinking, "I could never do that", you leave us with "This is how you do that". That is just plain great!! ;)

Thanks a lot for your nice words Zathros!

josve

I am always (both) impressed and amazed with the work that you do (this is no exception). I greatly enjoy watching your build threads. They inspire me and I learn new ideas and techniques throughout each one.

Thank you so much Rhaven Black! Im glad you like my buildthreads!

josve

Next is the inside of the front mudguards.Not very difficult, but getting it nicely done....is another matter.

Some parts laminater to 1mm laserparts. And did also some preshaping ot the main part :)

Inside of the mudguard and the preshaped part.

The first one in place :)

More next week!
Have a really nice weekend fellow modellers!!

Gandolf50

Staff member
Yes I know :) but with lasertracks on my hand it will be easier to do...not cutting at all :)
I can't type my response to that;) ...but to only say, " It must be nice"!!!:)
wish a 5$ set of laser tracks didn't cost +- 25$ to get! by the time we add shipping!! :(

Gandolf50

Staff member
I have decided to make the tank in several sections. First section to be finished is the underside of the hull.
The part isA bulldozer blade is mounted on the T-72's nose and can be deployed to dig firing positions or clear debris.
Drawing tells me the number of parts is 50..

The drawing

The top side is laminated to 1mm lasercut part :) Just have to say that the laserpackage for this tank is really huge!!! Almost complete covering of 1 and o,5mm parts.
Not very strange it was pricy :)
Another neat thing with this model is the 1:1 drawing. A lot of them :) As you can see here, the finished part is placed on the drawing.

Next was to start making the cylinders. Pretty straight forward building here.

A lot of bulbes or some halftubedshaped parts on the underside

Im not sure what this is for parts...maybe someone can enlighten me??
Managed to delete the picture of the finished parts..will do another soon :)

Not for sure as I am not 100% but most anything on the bottom be it bulb/tube/plate..is an access point of some type to controls/what ever for maintenance lubrication and the like.

josve

Continuing making parts for the side. Since im no expert on tanks..im not sure what this parts are...
But here we go :)
Drawing and some of the parts to be used.

Also had to make some rivets/boltheads. Theese are 1mm in diameter.

Here I have cutted and laminated the parts, plus some of the laserparts. The finished parts placed on the 1:1 drawing.

Then placed on the side. There are 3 such part on each side.

Next will be the upper rollers and some other details :)
More next week!

josve

Hello modellers!!

Update on the P91 :)

Making of the upper rollers.
First the drawing.
The roller is made of 27 parts all in all with nuts and bolts included

I made the base plate for the roller first. Then cutted all parts ready.
Added some disks and nuts on the plates to make a more realistic look.

So lets get started with the rollers :)
I hope you dont mind going in details on how I do it...maybe you do it otherwise then me, but here are my ways of doing it :)
I always start with painting the edges..and since im colorblind it a challenge :) . I have to take the model with me to the colorstore to have the colors scanned
and then make colors out of that. works fine, but minimum quantity is 0,5 liter of paint..so you can imagine I have A LOT of paint at home :)

After painting the edges, I do some preshaping of the part. Placing the strip in my hand and use a wooden dowel to shape it by rolling it on the part until I have the desired shape.

I roll it so the edges of the cirkle overlap

Then I glue the edges together.

Next is to put the disc in. I put in the front side first, the fit has to be tight, so a bit of sanding is often required.
I found a picture of the real roller,and I could see I had to add some details to it :)

josve

Next is the inner part.
This part is 6mm in diameter.
First shaping with a 2mm copper rod

Roll it so the edges overlap. Then glue the edges together.

Then press the disks in and glue.
The rollers are finished with nuts and bolts, ready for paint.

Placed on the 1:1 drawing

Then I glued it to the tank...maybe not very wise since im sure to break it off when handling the model when the build continues :)

Next will be the base and suspension for the roadwheels.
In the meantime..say hello to Franz krupp :) He is the driver of this tank!
Im not very good in figure painting as you might see, but when he is finished painted im sure he will look good enough for me :)

So until next time...stay sharp!!

josve

Small update...
I worked 2 evenings for theese parts..
Watching Tv and having a good time preparing parts after a long days work :) feels good!!

The base structure to the suspension arms placed on the 1:1 drawing

The finished one...Going to check if I can find an image of the real part and maybe pimp it up a bit :)

So here are the result of two evenings work...

So until next time...stay sharp!!