Photo Fun week of Feb. 1

chessie4155

Okey Dokey, reckon I'll start it off this week..
EB 94 at Quicks Cut:
HPIM1939.jpg

doctorwayne

A nice start to this week's WPF Thread. :thumb::thumb:

Here's a photo, taken in 1973, of a doubleheader steam excursion on the TH&B. The lead loco, built in 1883 for the CPR, is currently on the South Simcoe Railway, but currently out of service, as is the second loco, ex-CPR 1057.
Credit_Valley_136_Ex-CPR_136_on_TH_B_excursion_-_Fall_1973.jpg

Wayne

C

Catt

I might as well get in here too :mrgreen:

kcc4.jpg

This is one of several pics i took today and yesterday of my little layout.The big one is just setting there waiting it's turn. :mrgreen:

Glen Haasdyk

Heres a westbound Via rail train Passing me at eldon siding just past Lake Louise, Alberta, 1988

ViaCandianWestboundLakeLouiseeldonJ.jpg

I had climbed on some parked Ballast cars to get the shot. You should have seen the looks I got from passengers in the dome car as they sailed by.

ViaCandianWestboundLakeLouiseeld-1.jpg

I small bit of trivia here. The dome observation that you see is almost Identical to the cars that Western Pacific used on their California Zephr and the Via cars are still in use today!

CNWman

CNW Fan
ViaCandianWestboundLakeLouiseeld-1.jpg

I small bit of trivia here. The dome observation that you see is almost Identical to the cars that Western Pacific used on their California Zephr and the Via cars are still in use today!

Actually, that square shape on the end looks like it says "Burlington Route" (the CB&Q played a hand on the CZ) or "Western Pacific", so there may be a chance that you saw one of the authentic rear end observations!

jeffery-wimberl: Why is 10:07 apearing out of the dark to the left of the really nice looking repair shed? Wait, is it a large digital sign that sends mesages to engineers pulling in locos?:rolleyes::mrgreen:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's a neat looking church Catt. It reminds me of a few I've noticed along the drive from the Twin Cities to Green Bay.
Ralph

Glen Haasdyk

Actually, that square shape on the end looks like it says "Burlington Route" (the CB&Q played a hand on the CZ) or "Western Pacific", so there may be a chance that you saw one of the authentic rear end observations

Sorry I should have been clearer. These are Ex-Canadian Pacific Cars bought in the mid-fifties. the square shape was the Canadian Pacific drumhead now the Via rail drumhead. As I mentioned earlier the cars are almost exactly like the WP cars, just built for CP. Since this piture was taken Via took all the stainless steel cars through the shops and modernized them.

doctorwayne

Here are some of my Grand Valley locos from the '70s.

A Model Die Casting Ten Wheeler:
Grand_Valley_5246_-_MDC_4-6-0.jpg

A Model Die Casting Consolidation:
Grand_Valley_5228_-_MDC_2-8-0.jpg

A Tyco/Mantua Mikado:
Grand_Valley_96_-_Tyco-Mantua_2-8-2.jpg

Wayne

doctorwayne

Thanks, Glen. The "weathering" is grey auto primer from a spray can. All three locos are long gone. The two MDCs were fairly stock, while the Mike had over a $100.00 worth of detail parts from Cal-Scale and PSC. I wish that I had those tender trucks back. :-(

Wayne

UP SD40-2

GREAT START THIS WEEK FOLKS!:bravo:

Wayne:worship: , that tender on the Mike would have been an AWESOME match for your 2-6-6-2:winki::mrgreen: .

**Here are a couple pics i took in Rochelle Ill.:mrgreen:
:deano: -Deano
DSC08034.JPG

aDSC08051.JPG

aDSC08053.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
A nice assortment of photos as always! Great bridge shot Chessie! Lighted night shots are always cool Jeffrey! Love the proto photos Wayne, Glen, Dean, and Franco (that's an artsy shot Franco). Kyle, I always like the rugged industrial look of your interesting structures!

My offering this time is SD9s crossing Railroad Ave in West Mill. The photo makes me want to weather my telegraph poles. I just might get to that sometime! :)
1-25-2008-17.jpg

Ralph

I know it has been a while since we have been on here, we figured it was time to join in on the fun. Here's a picture of a West bound freight led by Conrail's SD80M 4105(my Baby).

Attachments

• DSC01373.JPG
    DSC01373.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 9

jeffrey-wimberl

This structure is part of an old Tyco kit I got back in the late seventies. It looks like it's been through several really bad storms.

Tyco-building.jpg

jesso

We made some mock-ups for my new Utah Railway Executive Cars. Ralph (not the Ralph here of the boards) printed the sides to the right scale and I put them on with double-sided tape. Eventually we paint the sides on, but this will do for now. As the Alco F units are still not painted, the GP38's pulled the train to the club's golf course, so that the executives could get a round in. :)

car.jpg

executive-1.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Ralph (on the board) :) says the Utah Railway cars look great and that's a clever idea!
Ralph

Tyco kit

JW, That Tyco kit is fantastical. Like you say, it looks like it has been thru too many storms. If you had put weeds around it, I would have sworn it was for real. Great job, and I love it.

Lynn