Photo Fun week of Feb. 1

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Here's the TH&B's GP7 number 73, at the Chatham Street roundhouse in Hamilton, Ontario. The photo was taken in the mid-'80s.
TH_B_73_in_the_Chatham_St_roundhouse_-_likely_mid-80s.jpg

Wayne

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Great Shots everyone!:thumb:

I went over to PRRman's house the other day, and somehow we both ended up going through some boxes loaded with legos, old baby toys, etc. However, they also were loaded with RARE HOT WHEELS cars and various G1 transformers re-releases, plus a Powermaster Optimus Prime with a complete set of weapons(which is probably as rare as Lionel's Girl Train!)!:eek: PRRman gave me some of the loot, mostly beat up Transformers Armada Mini-cons, but he also gave me all the HOT WHEELS cars I wanted, including a color changer in very good condition, a Matchbox 1928 Ford van for Kellog Corn Puffs (which was aparently a family favorite, but was given to me so as to preserve it better), and best of all, these two!:
Picture_0486.JPG

Picture_0487.JPG

These two are from the "Rail Rodder" mold and in schemes long since out of production:eek: Here's a pic of my newly started collection of these train-cars:mrgreen::
Picture_0488.JPG

(I already owned the Gray one in the back:mrgreen:)

Now I'm looking for some of the other versions to add to my collection, so if any of you guys know where to look, please let me know:thumb:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
An interchange move with the Kings Port & Western has a PC Geep pulling two KP&W box cars, one in the original blue with orange letters scheme and a second in the current orange with black letters and NY state map. The management was discouraged by the way the orange letters faded so quickly and decided on a snappier scheme with italicized letters that complimented the Penn Central's.

1-25-2008-01.jpg

Ralph

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Wayne, I hope you shot the third unit too. Here is one with the lettering above the stripe. Rochester, Pa. Just west of Conway May, 1977
Charlie

Ha! It was years later when I was looking at those pictures when I realised what I had missed in person. :eek::eek:ops::p:-D:-D
This is the only other view that I have - I'd guess it to be an RS-11, from you-know-who, although the only identification on it is a small CR above the air intakes on the long hood.
Conrail-TH_B_train_with_EL_and_PC_units_east_of_Vinemount1.jpg

Wayne

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Great pics this week folks.
Looks like prototype pics is the "theme" this week.

OK...
Here's one that was taken in the late eighties, BD(before digital).
Privately owned New York Central E8, taken at Essex's Rail Days.
And yes, thats me leaned up on the pilot. Albeit a little thinner and a lot younger.

Attachments

• E8&me.jpg
    E8&me.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 11

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Whoa! What ya got there Jeff? Looks like you repowered an old RS-3? I like the EMD trucks. I would like to hear what you did there...

Dave
That's an old MDC RS-3. I removed the Alco side frames and substituted EMD side frames from a scrapped Athearn F7. While not an exact fit they're very close. This way I can claim the unit was rebuilt in the yard shop using whatever was available. The rust is just Model Basics rust paint applied with a brush and smeared around with a finger. I would have liked to change the trucks out completely but the MDC trucks and Athearn trucks, while similar in many respects, are not compatible.