Pepakura won't print my textures

jim_bow

Jul 9, 2011
Cleethorpes, UK
Hey guys I've been feeling in the mood to do a bit of paper crafting recently and thought I'd make some game pieces for a small skirmish game involving robots.

I haven't done anything like this for ages so I had to buy another key for the new version of Pepakura designer ( I think I was last around this site around three years ago but I always think of you guys whenever I think about papercrafts :) ).

I've made the models with blender and the textures with GIMP as I used to and everything looks fine until I go to print out the model. For some reason the textures don't seem to be applying when it comes to printing them out. Anyone have any ideas? I think it's probably something simple I'm missing but I'm stumped!

Everything looks normal until print preview...

What's happened to the texures?

jim_bow

Jul 9, 2011
Cleethorpes, UK
Thank you Nero I think you're right there. It looks like it's something to do with the Canon software. It printed without the textures from Pepakura but exporting it to pdf worked fine. It's added an extra step to the process but at least I can print some models now. I might try uninstalling the canon software and seeing if windows can do it better without.

Reactions: animabuilder

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You could try saving your work to the Clipboard, then using another program, like Paint, Adobe CS3 or CS5 to continue?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I have to deal a lot with printers at my work and I am used to a lot of unexplainable, weird and sometimes just dumb behavior of printers :Computer:

Happy to have you helped out :)

Revelle-Fan is the expert with Pepakura. Try what he says, his work is the proof. :)