Oldies but Goodies. The Old Stuff.

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Here is another photo of my B&O passengers having John English all Metal passenger cars I painted and lettered to match the Uncataloges ones. It is pulled by a unaltered HObbyline Alco FA-1.

HObbyline Uncataloged B&O trains_-_m.jpg

This is another closer up photo of my two B&O Uncataloged.HObbyline FA-1 locos. The black roof is a detail added to original paint scheem by a previous owner of this loco.

1788_-m.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Jul 12, 2012
Shannon GA
I am in awe of you train guys. the time spent collecting the trains, then building the layouts. Y'all are masters.
:bowdown:

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Here is the uncataloged B&O passenger set of 1955. i won this on e-bay. This is 1 of 2 uncataloged sets I know of made for L'loyd's hobbyshop of Baltimore who advertised the sale of this set and a B&O freight set using the same B&O FA-1 locos with 6 freight cars and a caboose. Well I got luckey and now have the HObbyline uncataloged passenger set . Now to find the freight set if that is possiable.
frank
"It is a heck of a day" A really good one!

462 Set #1 L'loyd's.JPG

Last edited:

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Concerning the L'loyds HObbyline made uncataloged Freight of 1955. This set is listed in a addvertisement IN OCT 1955 Model Railroader. Passenger sets always have more value that similar freight sets. Also people looking in 1955 for a train set would most likely want to buy the passenger set. Also I think passenger sets were better cared for than freight sets. In this way of thinking the freight set were proably broken up and lost to time.
Well I Have 2 pairs of the locomotives and all the ready to run cataloged cars HObbyline made. I can make a freight set with the 2 locos, 6 freight cars, and a caboose just to see what it looked like.
I have used a Varney set box insert wich holds the ho trains in the set. It is made to hold 2 locos, 6 freight cars, and a caboose. The same as the LLoyd's HObbyline set. Lets see how that will work out.

Here is what the second uncataloged set maybe looked like. All cars and loco are either of 1955 vintage or older so this I'd say is a goog representation of this other uncataloged HO train set. The right trains in the wrong box insert. So here my HO trains are displayer in a like manor of what this set may have looked like.

ALSO: STILL LOST INFORMATION ON THIS SET IS THE hoBBYLINE SET SET NUMBER hoBBYLINE STAMPED ON A OUTSIDE BOX SIDE PANNEL OF THE hoBBYLINE MADE SET. tHE PASSENGER SET WAS STAMPED 462. i DONT KNOW, ONLY SOMEONE WHO PRESENTLY OWNS THIS SET DOES.

2 462 Lloyds set 2 imagined by me..JPG

First : THIS IS NOT THE L,LOYD'S SET BUT A REPRESENTATION OF THE SET. I THINK IT MAY HAVE LOOKED LIKE THIS.

Clicking on the attachment in the lower left hand corrner will display the original add from Oct anf Nov of 1955.

Attachments

• 462 info.jpg
    462 info.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
My three most favorite Lehigh Valley Steam locomotives are these three.
2004 a Pacific 4-6-2 Camelback. The Lehigh Valley was the only railroad to own them. Look at the Headlight and understand why it is called the Coo Coo Clock!
#2102 the Streamlined John Wilkes. And the little 4-4-0 camelback #5 The David Laury. A model I made. The frame tender, and drive parts are Rivarossi. All the rest is me.
frank
LV 4-6-2c 2004 M.JPGRiv LV John Wilks 3.JPGIMG_1520 - Copy.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
The pictures in your last post are so rich in vibrancy!! :)

Reactions: Chuffy70

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
So the beverage supply of whole New Jersey is secured! Great collection! :)

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Here is my other Varney F3 this time a double A unit set in the Great Northern Railway.

I still haven't found a Great Northern Varney plastic B unite that mataches these A's.

1a Varney great Nothern F3a locos 1 -M.JPG
Here is my third Vintage Varney F3A-A

Last edited:

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Model Die Casting produced models of the Pullman car made for the original Black Diamond's train set. Dont know if I posted them here. I'll look for pictures now and post if I find them.

This is the Cafe' car. Also has as you see a baggage room.

1 Cafe Car  Combine 2 - Copy.JPG

next the dinning car.

2 Dining Car - Copy.JPG

Next the Chair car "Summit".

3 Chair Car Summit - Copy.JPG

Last the Observation car, "Lehigh".

4 Observation car  Lehigh - Copy.JPG