Not full renders..but best place to add this..

Cybergrinder

Member Extraordinaire
Looks feasable :)

The designers of the X-Wing game went for an aft centre leg, which I think is more practical as there would be more mass to the stern.

a-wing-cockpit-jpg.144968

Last edited:

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
And it looks like a re-hash of all the other landing gear used, just as in BSG... Just a matter of working up a version from say the X-Wing and fitting them.

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Yes. I use Substance Painter for a lot of textures, and for creating the stuff I use in Substance I later picked up Substance Designer... Big learning curve ... but worth it!

Gate made out of NODES and placed on a box... the only model is a CUBE. Made in Substance Designer.View attachment 171083

Nice 3d model and textures! Will make a GREAT card model... BTW I haven't checked as yet but does the speeder have landing gear? Don't remember ever seeing one with them.

I fell of the 3rd iteration of the finite curve of life and haven't made my way back yet. I'm not good with big learning curves. More of a K.I.S.S.(keep it simple stupid) kind of person. I greatly admire those who can navigate the big curves though I am not jealous, or envious, I just know my limitations. ;)

Gandolf50

Staff member
I think I talked about this before, but I resisted dealing with "nodes" in Blender, 3dsmax, Maya and all the rest till I gave Substance Painter a try then I had no options left... once I started there it moved to all the rest and now it is far better ( not easier but better)!
When you look at the final it is daunting, but piece by piece it gets simpler!;)

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I think I talked about this before, but I resisted dealing with "nodes" in Blender, 3dsmax, Maya and all the rest till I gave Substance Painter a try then I had no options left... once I started there it moved to all the rest and now it is far better ( not easier but better)!
Partial node view for the portcullis...
View attachment 171145

and nodes in Blender...
View attachment 171146
When you look at the final it is daunting, but piece by piece it gets simpler!;)

It looks like it works off of a "Flow Chart" type of input, is that close? :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Being rather short of funds, new roofs are expensive, I found this program called "Awesomebump". The price was right, FREE! I saw a YouTube video on it, and it seems like it's made for dummies like me. I have put a link below. :)

Link = https://github.com/kmkolasinski/AwesomeBump

Gandolf50

Staff member
Being rather short of funds, new roofs are expensive, I found this program called "Awesomebump". The price was right, FREE! I saw a YouTube video on it, and it seems like it's made for dummies like me. I have put a link below. :)

Link = https://github.com/kmkolasinski/AwesomeBump
I was using xNormal which is also free and about the same... but a bit more complicated to use..will give this a try!
Only for the die-Hard-Renderers 45 mins of baking Maps...

It looks like it works off of a "Flow Chart" type of input, is that close? :)

Yep that just about sums it up...

Nodes read from R>L OUTput> what kind of output> what kind of file> what file etc etc...

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I have a 4Gig DDR5 Radeon Video Card, it bakes videos Renders incredibly fast. I have 8 Gig's of DDr3 Ram. My long in the too the AMD X965 BE 3.7 per core CPU seems to handle anything I though a it. It's usually me that is half baked (not in the '70's way). :)

Gandolf50

Staff member
Some other stuff in the pipeline after losing ALL from before...I did have multiple copies of stuff in Blender/3dmax/Rhino/3dcoat/ yadda yadda... but most I lost texture files that were stored on the "Catastrophic HD failure"

still working on the Drydock...feels never-ending as stuff keeps getting added...still tons of stuff to texture and work out...
quick render of the read landing pad..render test of the forcefield and landing lights and hull lights...still need to add/modify the stark in space lighting ( still not right... no deep shadows and higher contrast..without losing the panel textures, may have to render in Marmoset or use Vray to get what I am after)

Might also add the zippy lines in the force field to make it stand out better...something like this...
but softer/less cluttered and more transparent...
Dock-Rear-Port-Testsmall.png

Interior quick render with some more stuff...still untextured...
Dry-Dock-Work.png

( Note: Landing shuttle alone, has 8 parts x 4 textures Diffuse/Albedo+Reflective/Metalness/and Normal/bump maps...multiply that by current 4,181,482 triangles/899 objects ( of course many textures are reused many times)):Coffee::headbange:

Also due to @Blackadder and his wonderful build, I have delved into the 40k world, just for fun, as there are MANY MODELS out there already!!! Just my take on a few with added texture, experiments...metallic gold on a grey weathered paint being one of them and adding interiors as well!!

and a 40k Train...got to have one of those!!
40K-Trainsmall.png

( Note all these pics are reduced in size as most are 1920 x 1080 at least!)

Last edited:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Very impressive. I do not have the ability to do stuff like that, but I can appreciate it. ;)

Gandolf50

Staff member
I don't even know all I have been working on over ( acccckkk) the past year...but here are some things...
Digital Human Project...yes they will even bitch about your socks on the floor!

still need some work....
DH-Eisko-Small.png

Turned out better then progress looked like it was gonna...
Emily-Small.png

all are realtime character models... fully rigged and will bitch about anything!

Some other stuff...not showing all the game asset files as well as game-ready stuff that haven't been released or just concepts submitted... but just a bunch of stuff...

Everybody has to have a Spitfire ( modeled for paper)
Spitfire.png

and a PZL-p11...

PZL-p11small.png

Went back and did a fully rigged re-do of the Firefly...Just for fun and as I wanted the cargo bay, which doesn't seem like anyone was interested in doing one!

Firefly-Redo.png

Updated sand-crawler from Star Wars ...again..had to have an interior!

Sand_Crawler.png

Rey from another franchise...
Rey-TROS-small.png

and on and on. Down to getting 2-5 things out every week...
don't seem like much till you add them all up...

Just no time for paper... sniffle