My paper automata

mikezax

Friend Karel
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Author: Ladislav Badalec

Source: Slovak magazine Zenit 25/1987-88

Karel big.gif

This is my first memorial bonding model on the occasion of Mr. Badalc's 75s. The BaJ brand accompanies me all my life and I keep coming back to the models of these two gentlemen. (The models Mr. Badalec and Jakubčo publish under the BaJ brand.) I first glued Karel's robot model more than 30 years ago and it was one of my first paper models and definitely my first paper automata. (after pushing on the head, raises his hands)
So this is a nice memory and addition to my collection of paper automatas, because I don't know where the original Karel ended up ...
Since this is a memorial gluing, I added a few extra things. I added a table (free model from the internet) and a cake (free model - vTOM vystřihovánky) to the mat. A few photos:

casopis DSCN8304.jpgDSCN8256.jpgDSCN8259.jpgDSCN8261.jpgDSCN8266.jpgDSCN8267.jpgDSCN8270.jpgDSCN8275.jpgDSCN8286.jpg

Awry_Chaos

OKB-4155
Friend Karel
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Author: Ladislav Badalec

Source: Slovak magazine Zenit 25/1987-88

View attachment 200610

This is my first memorial bonding model on the occasion of Mr. Badalc's 75s. The BaJ brand accompanies me all my life and I keep coming back to the models of these two gentlemen. (The models Mr. Badalec and Jakubčo publish under the BaJ brand.) I first glued Karel's robot model more than 30 years ago and it was one of my first paper models and definitely my first paper automata. (after pushing on the head, raises his hands)
So this is a nice memory and addition to my collection of paper automatas, because I don't know where the original Karel ended up ...
Since this is a memorial gluing, I added a few extra things. I added a table (free model from the internet) and a cake (free model - vTOM vystřihovánky) to the mat. A few photos:

View attachment 200611View attachment 200612View attachment 200613View attachment 200614View attachment 200615View attachment 200616View attachment 200617View attachment 200618View attachment 200619
Nice work!

mikezax

...book AMAZING AUTOMATA PIRATES! I bought on amazon.com ;)

Halloween paper automata
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

also this year I made some kind of scary automaton, actually two...:)

klaun+truhla gif.gif

Pennywise

Source: etsy.com

Author: Keisuke Saka

A simple paper automata, after pressing the button the clown changes his facial expression.

DSCN2133.jpgDSCN2138.jpgDSCN2139.jpgDSCN2160.jpg

Conservatory Coffin

Source: haunteddimensions.raykeim.com

Author: Ray Keim

A simple paper automata, after pressing the button, the lid of the coffin is raised.

DSCN2179.jpgDSCN2181.jpgDSCN2183.jpgDSCN2202.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I really love cats. My most beloved lived for 26 years. She was wonderful, brilliant, far smarter than any dog I ever owned. ;)

mikezax

Sliding Deer
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Author: Keith Newstead

Source: Model Shop - printed model from the Automata Collection series

Video:

img404.jpg
Sliding Deer.gif

We got some snow so I taped together this paper automata by Keith Newstead. It's a shame that this author doesn't create much from paper anymore, his machines are unreal. Anyone interested can check out his website. (https://www.keithnewsteadautomata.com/my-work/)
I managed to get this paper automata in printed form, the parts were pre-cut, so all I had to do was retouch and glue. The range was 3.5 pages plus pictorial instructions. The finished machine works nicely. A few photos:

DSCN3378.jpgDSCN3380.jpgDSCN3390.jpgDSCN3392.jpgDSCN3399.jpgDSCN3403.jpgDSCN3416.jpgDSCN3418.jpg

mikezax

Kissing Dolls
(PAPER AUTOMATA)

Author: Katsuyuki Shiga (Pinoart)

Source: https://creativepark.canon/en/contents/CNT-0010555/index.html

Video:

Kissing Dolls gif.gif

We recently had Valentine's Day, so I put together this themed kissing doll paper automata. This paper automata can be downloaded from the Canon website. (11 pages with parts/ 4 pages with picture instructions). I printed it reduced by 1/3 (I printed 2 pages on one). The paper automata works quite well, but it is quite difficult to balance the heads of the dolls (I helped myself with a piece of lead), because the heads are only loosely placed on the torso. It could have been balanced better, but I didn't have the nerve for it anymore... :) A few photos:

DSCN3973.jpgDSCN3976.jpgDSCN3979.jpgDSCN3982.jpgDSCN3983.jpgDSCN3987.jpgDSCN3989.jpgDSCN3993.jpg