My mini models

mikezax

I will put my minimodels in this thread (scale about 1: 100)
This toy car is the first in a series Dakar miniboxes. FDS released a series of these legendary cars as an Advent calendar before Christmas, so maybe I'll build a few more ...

PEUGEOT 205 TURBO 16 DAKAR

Scale : 1:100
Author : FDS model
Source : www.minimodel.sk (FE4070-free model)

A few words about the original:
This is Ari Vatanen's car for the Paris-Dakar race in 1987. The car he used was a modified version of the Group B - 205 Peugeot 205 T16 monster. The legendary Paris-Dakar won with this car.

Peugeot205T16 original.jpg

My edits:
I adjusted the mounting of the wheel on the roof and a few more details, I dusted the car a little and made a simple pad.
A few photos:

DSCN8592.jpgDSCN8594.jpgDSCN8602.jpgDSCN8605.jpgDSCN8607.jpg

mikezax

Thank you, I will gradually add more cars, I make these small models in addition to working on more complex models ... I like group B cars, so the first one had to be this Peugeot ;)

mikezax

LADA (VAZ 2121) NIVA 1600 Dakar

Source : www.minimodel.sk (FE1529-free model)

This car took part in Paris - Dakar 1983 where it took 2nd place. The pilots were André Trossat and Eric Briavoine (both France)

Lada Niva original.jpg

My edits:
... just a few little things, I dusted the car a little and made a simple pad.

A few photos:

DSCN8784.jpgDSCN8793.jpgDSCN8794.jpgDSCN8803.jpgDSCN8805.jpg

mikezax

Thanx ;)

We recently finished the Dakar, so I will add a few more cars to the collection. (This little car is also from the series of Dakar miniboxes. FDS released a series of these legendary cars as an advent calendar 2021)

PEUGEOT 405 TURBO 16 DAKAR

Source : www.minimodel.sk (FE4071-free model)

This is Ari Vatanen's car for the Paris-Dakar race. A.Vatanen - B.Berglund won Paris-Dakar in 1990 with this car.

Peugeot405T16.jpg

My edits:
I adjusted the mounting of the wheel on the roof and a few more details, I dusted the car a little and made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN3649.jpgDSCN3651.jpgDSCN3655.jpgDSCN3657.jpgDSCN3662.jpg

mikezax

Thanks, I don't glue cars from a car show, those cars get a lot of work done at the races, so I think they look better that way. ;)

LADA SAMARA T3 DAKAR

Source : www.minimodel.sk (FE4060-free model)

In 1990, Lada Poch fielded three Samara specials at the Dakar Rally (the car used a Porsche engine), in which Jacky Ickx (with co-driver Christian Tarin), Patrick Tambay (with Dominique Lemoyne) and Jérome Riviére (with Daniel Jacquemard) sat. The most successful was Ickx, who finished the race in a great seventh place. He even won one speed test! Riviere was eleventh, while Tambay had to withdraw after the first day due to a seized engine. Starting number 213 is J.Icx's car.

Lada samaraT3 real.jpg

My edits:

I modified the bumpers, fenders and a few other things, dusted the car a little and made a simple pad. A few photos:

DSCN3693.jpgDSCN3695.jpgDSCN3697.jpgDSCN3699.jpgDSCN3703.jpg
DSCN3704.jpg

mikezax

...somehow I'm not in the mood and I don't have much time after working on complex models, so I'm gluing at least these micro-models... there can be around 50 cars from Dakar... as long as I enjoy it, I'll alternate it with my favorites chapels and maybe sometimes I'll add something more complicated...;)

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
a total of 50 cars thats a lot of card. I like it if you add extra things on your models. Your work is much appriciated.

mikezax

Thanx :)

LAMBORGHINI LM002

Source : www.minimodel.sk (FE4061-free model)

In 1988 the Swiss World LM Racing Team entered a bright red LAMBORGHINI LM002 in the Paris Dakar (drivers JO.COUCET - M.KERZEN) and although some sources say that it had to withdraw from the race, other sources say that this car with the starting number 519 finished 10th in the Marathon category, which was not bad at all for a private team...

LM002-Rallye.jpg

My edits:
I have added more details here. The most laborious was the structure around the body, on which there is a rope that holds the spare wheels, others are: modified front mask, widened fenders, added details on the roof and a few more details, I dusted the car a little and made a simple pad.

DSCN3711.jpgDSCN3723.jpgDSCN3738.jpgDSCN3740.jpgDSCN3742.jpg
DSCN3750.jpg

micahrogers

Moderator "Where am I, and how did I get here?"
Staff member
Very Nice, as an aside there is a LM002 that sometimes can bee seen driving around Woodstock GA. One of my all time favorite cars.

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Yeah the Rambo Lambo that is my favorite Lamborghini. Again a awesome model. A couple of years ago they where thinking for a comming back of this model