My mini models

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
The Mercedes used for the Paris to Dakar race won for 3 years in a row. It was basically stock too, different rims and tires, but that was about it. ;)

mikezax

Citroen BX 4x4

Scale : 1:100
Author : FDS model
Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE4064-free model)

A few words about the original:

In 1984, a prototype with the number 250 was built for the Paris-Alger-Dakar race. The crew consisted of Michel Morkycki and Odile Viemon. The vehicle crashed on its side during the European stage and could not finish the race.

1262.jpg

My edits:

We recently finished the Dakar rally, so it would be good to add a few cars to the minibox collection. ;)
To begin with, I chose a Citroen BX from FDS. It was supposed to be a simple construction, but after cutting the grills in the rear windows, I thought it would be a shame not to do it all, so I also cut out the front windows... so I had to glass the front window, add to the side the grille (it's a bit thick, but I couldn't find anything thinner) and add a simple interior with a crew... other modifications are more or less standard than other miniboxes - I made the wheels a little more plastic, the front mask and hood and both bumpers, added a wiper and rear view mirrors, on roof antenna and lights...
I dusted the car and added a simple mat, some photos:

DSCN9332.JPGDSCN9336.JPGDSCN9339.JPGDSCN9342.JPGDSCN9343.JPGDSCN9346.JPGDSCN9349.JPGDSCN9353.JPG

mikezax

Thanx ;)

VW Transporter T3 Dakar

Source : https://www.minimodel.sk (FE4056-free model)

A few words about the real car:

Another not so successful car from Dakar. I couldn't find much about this car, except for one photo showing 3 identical VW Transporters that were supposed to start in 1987...

vw transporter.jpg

I modified the car similar to the previous Citroen, so I added a simple interior with a crew plus minor modifications from the wheels to the roof... when I saw those thin wheels compared to other Dakar miniboxes, it is quite realistic that they had to push it when somewhere sank into the sand... some photos:

DSCN9427.JPGDSCN9432.JPGDSCN9436.JPGDSCN9439.JPGDSCN9444.JPGDSCN9446.JPGDSCN9451.JPGDSCN9457.JPG

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That is so very cool! You do such a FANTASTIC JOB on these projects!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Your models/dioramas tell a story. Very cool, and imaginative. ;)

mikezax

...thanx, I'm glad you like the models ;)

Mercedes-Benz 280 GE
Source : http://www.minimodel.sk (FE1735-free model)

A few words about the original:

After two less successful cars, I chose the winning car of the Paris-Dakar 1983 rally, the crew consisted of JACKY ICKX/CLAUDE BRASSEUR. With such a successful car, there are many photos of the original car, models, or even a replica that exists, so I could afford more modifications than with previous models.

20-janvier-1983-750x410.jpg

My edits:

Considering the number of photos that I managed to get, this is the most modified Dakar minibox that I have put together so far... Minor modifications are from the wheels to the roof. I will mention at least the most important ones:
-in addition to seats with belts and a dashboard with a steering wheel, I added a frame and a spare wheel to the back of the interior.
-I managed to find a photo of the engine, so I made a simple engine and opened the hood.
-I modified the front mask, added the frame, lights, emblem and glazed the main lights, just like the real car had.
I dusted the car and added a simple mat, some photos:

DSCN9531.JPGDSCN9505.JPGDSCN9509.JPGDSCN9513.JPGDSCN9516.JPGDSCN9519.JPGDSCN9522.JPGDSCN9525.JPG

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
That looks AMAZING! You do FANTASTIC WORK on these projects.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
AWESOME work! The first thing that came into my mind was this headline:

"Texaco car running out of gas!"

:animated: