My first model UHU02 Tie

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
It looks like you are off to a great start! One of the many things that I have always liked about UHU02's models, is the greebling potential that they have. This one has SHED LOADS!!!
I am looking forward to seeing how it will turn out!!!

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I see some familiar structures! ;)

If I had had more time I would have used UHU's model as a base for my regular TIE, too. :)

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
This one was hard. Could not get the right shape.
Finaly here is where papercraft meets patisserie.
A nozle of a piping bag.
IMPROVISE, ADAPT and OVERCOME!
You do what you need to make things work! I like the solution that you came up with.
This is a prime example of why I encourage people to post build threads when I post a greeting to them. Other members are going to come across the same issue and say "Hey, this guy came up with a great way to solve this problem. Let me give it a try."
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
It is not bad at all for a first attempt. Spheres like this are very difficult to make and have look just right.
If I may suggest, you may want to look at getting a jewlers dapper (doming) set. It will help with smoothing things out. You can find these at most hobby stores.

1595352986351.png

Sky Seeker

Well Established Member
Jun 1, 2015
This one was hard. Could not get the right shape.
Finaly here is where papercraft meets patisserie.
A nozle of a piping bag.

Hey that's a pretty good idea!thumbsup As RF stated this is the type of thing we L-O-V-E here. Thanks for sharing.

Sky Seeker

mijob

Tie designer
Staff member
Jul 5, 2020
Netherlands
Hello all,

Any thought's on making the windows.
Tried the way UHU did it but that din't work out.
I was thinking of using transparant tape but thats to easy.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Yep! Easy and great way to recycle what else would go right into the trash bin. I use it constantly. Depending on the flexibility of the plastic you may bend it into shape after scoring first or you make single panes and glue them to the back of the frame. Use glue sparingly and only on the edges and clean the inside with a soft cloth before permanently attaching them to the eye ball. I have just glued my cockpit "glass" into place and it looks gorgeous! :)