My first model UHU02 Tie

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Marcel, YOU SOLVED ITt, great idea - the window can be rotated by pilot (or automaticly). thumbsup :) That is why it was rotated diferently in movie. And if you rotate it realy fast the parts of the frame of the window will disapear to the eye so almost no obstacles in view from cockpit. Ingeniouse idea. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
The original filming miniatures didn't even have window glass. That could explain why the TIE Fighter pilots were so crappy shooters. Just imagine, all these bugs flying right into your face. Happened to me once a few years ago. I was visiting my neighbour village and had to walk through a MASSIVE cloud of tunderflies. No idea where they came from but they were EVERYWHERE. I had to beat out my pants four times! Believe me, it was not a pleasant experience. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
I can imagine a whole fleet of them. Or variants with the same level of detail. That would look gorgeous! :)

bigpetr

Designer/Master Modeler
Jan 27, 2016
Czech Republic
Maybe. My experience from paper model convention is that lot of great detiled models siting next to each other is not as striking visualy as one great detailed model in the room. But it is just me. :sticktongue::bulgeeye:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Reactions: Revell-Fan

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Thanks Rhaven and Revell but i dont like easy. It is also a good way to learn how to use SketchUp for my future TIE models.
I fully respect that! I look forward to seeing how it turns out. If you are at all interested, we can host the wings in the resources section as an "add-on" kit, if you would like.

• Love
Reactions: mijob

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Thanks Rhaven and Revell but i dont like easy. It is also a good way to learn how to use SketchUp for my future TIE models.
That's the spirit! :King:

BTW, this is how my attempts looked like before SketchUp crossed my path:

img_0458kk-jpg.91651

:noteeth:

Last edited: