Mowe

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Allen and Zathros,

Thank you both for the movies. They were very awe inspiring.

I always find it fascinating how someone can take something from a comic book or a cartoon and make it really work like this.

Like I said before, You are doing a PHENOMENAL job on this.

goodduck

Long before I get to it, somebody else have to come up with a great design first. And I only interpret what was already done, someone else great idea in a different medium.

I got a new idea on the wing leading edge, back to the drawing board again.

Z

Zathros

Wow, I thought the last one was great! I can't wait to see what you have in mind!?! :)

Can't believe i've overlooked this thread all this time. WOW.....all I can say is WOW! Excellent designing and workmanship so far.

Keep it up, I REALLY look forward to seeing this progress.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

goodduck

I was just looking at that yesterday thinking I should skin it after I finish with the current 3d model I'm building, which I am about to post soon.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have my interest peaked.
I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

goodduck

I ran into some fitting issue with the inlet. I don't know what went wrong. The 3d model showing I got the inlet paper thickness correct but the print out is about 3 sheets thicker but all the other parts like nose cone & compressor fit perfect. I keep looking at the 3d model and wondering where did I went wrong? Beside that, I don't like how the wing fit to the fuselage so I need to redesign the skin. Don't know when I will get to address that because I putting all my play time on video games lately.....

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Videos games!!! Whaaaaaa!...........I know, I am putting all my time into rebuilding my M.G.. Only so many hours in a day. :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Freakin' awesome!!! I'm still trying to figure how he worked the ailerons, there definitely where ailerons there Incredible, and a very brave pilot!! :)

goodduck

Look closely and you can see he holding a joystick in the left hand and there could be more control on the right.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
You have really good eyes,"Goodduck" eyes!! :)

goodduck

Close up of the control, just a bicycle break level attach to left bar and a little stick on the right could be the joystick.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
I think your right. An electric, proportional control motor could have made the whole setup fly by wire quite easily, anyway you put it, this guy built a beautiful, wondrous flying machine. That is as close to flying like a bird as you can get. There is the guy with the jet wing backpack, but the Mowe looks more graceful, and it lands and takes off by itself!! ;)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Probably: "たわごと! 私はそこに私がいたことを願っています":)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator

Close up of the control, just a bicycle break level attach to left bar and a little stick on the right could be the joystick.

This jet powered Glider was just on "Outrageous Acts of Science". The whole thing is controlled only with body movement!! I imagine it has to have a throttle control, to gain and loose altitude, but that's it! He must have on a parachute, because a wing only jet like that could easily go into an uncontrollable spin. It weighs only 200 lbs. total, which is why the slightest movements cause the center of gravity to change relative to the center of lift. That's really light. There are flight restrictions on aircraft that light and I imagine anyone that could build that, has copious amounts of common sense. I like that he proved the concept. Now, for him to stand up and do acrobatics like our Lady from "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind!! :)